• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
I much preferred the first OP but I love this ED.

I loved that episode... Well I've loved every episode so far. This is where they are going to show what a formidable team they have become. I am so excited to see how this and their future matches pan out.

I felt so tense before the match started, the heart beat sound and flashing between shots was a great build. Kageyama did a great job choosing Tanaka to score the first point as it not only fired up Tanaka and Yu but the whole team, Kageyama has become a great team player in such a small space of time. I believe he would make a great team captain when the third years leave.

I already want next week to hurry up as I'm trying so hard not to speed through the manga to get my fix Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Pre-game gossip] was just ROFL
Some of it was true though.
spoiler[Hinata] was like crazy excited ^^
spoiler[Date Kogyo guys] looked pretty scary.
Didn't know they had aspoiler[ female team] too. Cool!
So this was mostly an intro episode.
spoiler[Karasuno vs Date Tokonami!
Off to a good start ^^]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15

TsunaReborn! wrote:
Kageyama did a great job choosing Tanaka to score the first point as it not only fired up Tanaka and Yu but the whole team,

My thought too, he is the most hot blooded of the team and can be pretty infectious, along with not be the overall amazing Ace or crazy Hinata.

But spoiler[finishing it off with Hinata....] man that's cool. You could see spoiler[him shaking that he wanted one too that Kageyama could pretty much hear him shouting that he wanted a go]. And there was plenty of funny stuff too, this show is just too much fun for what I expected from this show when I started.

Hinata's spoiler[scariest moment]. Laughing
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
An example of what this series does so well is that conversation among the 3rd years at the beginning. Instead of just a conversation, we get that wonderful iconic shot of them saying profound things...with that static image of Asahi's shock-face in the corner the entire time. I couldn't stop laughing at how incongruent it was, and how perfect.

Last week's ep was a bit flat to me compared to the previous ones, but they sure were back to top form with this one. Very Happy
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
This episode was great but then I always love episodes in Sports series when the main characters are underestimated and then get to amaze everyone.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
I can't even think of anything worthwile to write here because I just keep loving this show more and more each week. It's definitely what every sports series should aspire to, I love the characters, the comedy, the good vibes and the energy. This is absolutely amazing
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
^ totally agree, it's one of those shows where the episode ends and I can't believe it's already been 25 minutes. Really looking forward to this tournament.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote
I think I took a feels trip this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 am Reply with quote
Gosh, i'm loving this show more with every week. Normally it's a downward spiral for me with sports anime, but they just keep avoiding everything that usually annoys me about the genre.

Loved it how spoiler[ the "losers" received attention in this ep. because let's face it, the vast majority will never make it to Nationals, regardless of how hard they trained or how passionate they are...but still, "they got to play". ]
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:44 am Reply with quote
There becomes a point where you can't express anymore how much you love a show Laughing

Another fantastic episode, I began to support the opponents at one point, one because spoiler[i didn't want the match to end] and two spoiler[I love an underdog.] Point two will change in following game as theoretically spoiler[they shouldn't stand a change, though we know this won't be the case.]

Now begins the wadi for the next episode; I will try and enjoy it as I will miss the anticipation for the next episode when the series reaches its conclusion.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:11 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Receiving is still their weak point.
Flashback to get to know the other team was nice.
Tokonami didn't have it easy.. but they tried hard.
Karasuno sure was on a roll there ^^
Their victory was a rather easy one, but not too satisfying.
The female team wasn't doing so good though.
I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't show them from the start.
The losers guilt trip was justified since they didn't work that hard.
Kageyama's wisdom is always spot on, but sometimes it's just wasted on Hinata.
Next is: Date Kogyo!]
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
I love how a good show can make me care about something I normally wouldn't even notice, like indoor highschool volleyball. I know almost nothing about the sport but this show is so well-written that I not only keep watching, but I'm looking forward to next week.

I like the diverse cast of characters. Definitely a strong selling point for the show. Also, those warmups are awesome.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

I really liked the focus on the spoiler[people that did not stand a chance], that maybe spoiler[they should have just given up hope but tried anyway, in the end still feeling crushed]. Really half spoiler[of the teams get knocked out after their first match, so the feels about it not being a simple fact about winning but those they left behind], it was great. I know it is nothing special for anime to say that winning isn't everything, but rarely did it feel as genuine as I felt here.

Damn, why can't there be a bad episode, it is getting a little boring for me to just praise stuff, I have mostly avoided sports anime before, but Haikyu has been just that good.
Alex939197

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
the side character was right. in the sports stories we really never see how much pain the losers feel after the games...so those hurt and crying scenes were a nice way to acknowledge the fact that it wasn't just the main characters who want to win too. this anime is another sports fave of mine. Wink
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16 was just absolutely brilliant from beginning to end. Little things I liked were that marvelous art piece on the wall, Hinata's basking in recognition, Hokageyama not quite erupting, but being all the more terrifying for it, the "never give up" cliche being treated from a different point of view via Discussed Trope, Rolling Thunder! Laughing

And then we have the big things, like the way the side characters were used to advance the story and basically illustrate the whole reason for doing sports stories in the first place. And the breathtaking spoiler[interweaving of the two games.] My god, someone deserves an award for how flawlessly they pulled that off while using it to make the point.

Wow. This series is so good it wears me out. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 23