• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kūsen Madōshi Kōhosei no Kyōkan Light Novels Have Anime in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Ooh another light novel adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Definitely going to watch this. It looks awesome!
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Dunno man... Why do I keep thinking of Chrome Shelled Regios when reading the first half of the synopsis? Confused
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Chrome Shell Regios, Kyokon and to an extent, Black Bullet, are pretty similar.
Redcrimson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
He was once celebrated as the "Black Master Swordsman," the elite ace of the S128 special team. However, he is now despised as the "traitor of the special team."

By Madoka's pigtails, there is not an eyeroll emoticon in existence that properly conveys my feelings about this.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
Redcrimson wrote:
Quote:
He was once celebrated as the "Black Master Swordsman," the elite ace of the S128 special team. However, he is now despised as the "traitor of the special team."

By Madoka's pigtails, there is not an eyeroll emoticon in existence that properly conveys my feelings about this.

All I can think of is a bunch of gradeschoolers getting pissy at a member for hanging out with other kids and kicking him out of their club.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ooh another light novel adaptation.

I think what you should've said is, "Ooh another harem-type light novel adaptation with a fairly long name".

I'd say that it'll be at least until the next winter or spring before it gets released.

As a harem lover, I will check this but I watch harems for the fanservice and that the lead girl is the selected girl (as this is like other harem titles that are from ongoing LN/manga, that basically won't happen).
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 am Reply with quote
So, age appropriate sensei gets a student harem? Laughing
kill-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
the summary is for most part the same as Chrome Shelled Regios Mad
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
Synopsis sounds quite similar to Chrome Shelled Regios, but there isn't much data on the web to discern whether or not it'll be a watchable show.
Also, adaptation with only 4 volumes out? Someone must be pushing really hard to get this animated
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:13 am Reply with quote
I'm just gonna come out and say this sounds like a major yawn. It's like Nausicaa meets Sword Art Online meets The Jetsons. Just from the description I picture a bunch of stoic, boring teenagers zipping through the air, zapping bugs in a display of whatever the author thinks is cool. "Traitor?" No. I'm sure everyone has just misunderstood how much better the protagonist is than all of them. And his comedically 'flawed' students will likely fall in love with him, finding solidarity with him and one another through said feelings with a few boob and panty shots sprinkled in along the way.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:25 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
I'm just gonna come out and say this sounds like a major yawn. It's like Nausicaa meets Sword Art Online meets The Jetsons. Just from the description I picture a bunch of stoic, boring teenagers zipping through the air, zapping bugs in a display of whatever the author thinks is cool. "Traitor?" No. I'm sure everyone has just misunderstood how much better the protagonist is than all of them. And his comedically 'flawed' harem will likely fall in love with him, finding solidarity with him and one another through said feelings with a few boob and panty shots sprinkled in along the way.

The door is over there -> More than these LN announcements I am getting tired of reading "oh and x, its just a copy of x meet x" etc. Then why do people keep going on this threads and wasting a few minutes just to enlighten the rest of us with this information.

Every Single anime made today probably has little if anything original in it. Its not just these LN adaptations. I could point out that there are just as many shows that are "group of moe girls either doing nothing, doing something traditional aimed at guys like war games, or playing idols, either straight idols or space alien fighting idols". Then you have your string of hyper violent works like Akame Kill and Attack of the Titans. You have about 50 works that are people trapped in a mmorpg, and the list continues.

They everything is a derivative of 3 original ideas that originated thousands of years in the past. Get over it.

Back on point, rather than Chrome, these actually feels more like Gun X Clover. Chrome was technically a harem, but it was played pretty straight with the majority of the focus on action and sci fi elements. Most of the newer LNs while having a focus on action or fantasy, rely really heavily on the harem antics.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
I'm just gonna come out and say this sounds like a major yawn. It's like Nausicaa meets Sword Art Online meets The Jetsons. Just from the description I picture a bunch of stoic, boring teenagers zipping through the air, zapping bugs in a display of whatever the author thinks is cool. "Traitor?" No. I'm sure everyone has just misunderstood how much better the protagonist is than all of them. And his comedically 'flawed' harem will likely fall in love with him, finding solidarity with him and one another through said feelings with a few boob and panty shots sprinkled in along the way.

The door is over there -> More than these LN announcements I am getting tired of reading "oh and x, its just a copy of x meet x" etc. Then why do people keep going on this threads and wasting a few minutes just to enlighten the rest of us with this information.

Every Single anime made today probably has little if anything original in it. Its not just these LN adaptations. I could point out that there are just as many shows that are "group of moe girls either doing nothing, doing something traditional aimed at guys like war games, or playing idols, either straight idols or space alien fighting idols". Then you have your string of hyper violent works like Akame Kill and Attack of the Titans. You have about 50 works that are people trapped in a mmorpg, and the list continues.

They everything is a derivative of 3 original ideas that originated thousands of years in the past. Get over it.

Back on point, rather than Chrome, these actually feels more like Gun X Clover. Chrome was technically a harem, but it was played pretty straight with the majority of the focus on action and sci fi elements. Most of the newer LNs while having a focus on action or fantasy, rely really heavily on the harem antics.

I don't care if a work takes inspiration from another work. I care if a work is boring and lacks cohesion. I'm pretty sure you dropped a block of text to respond to, like, one sentence of my comment. What's the hook here? How do these pieces fit together? Why is it bugs? Why do they have to live in the air? Why does magic characterize their setting and arms? Why is there petty high-school drama shoved into what sounds like a serious plot about trying to reclaim the Earth? Why is it three possible love interests with a couple of odd quirks instead of one possible love interest with real depth and pathos? Why does our protagonist need to be 'Super special awesome'? Why does he need a 'betrayal' in his background that likely won't even turn out to be a betrayal? It just sounds like a weightless mish-mash.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
KidOblivion wrote:
Chrome Shell Regios, Kyokon and to an extent, Black Bullet, are pretty similar.

I know nothing about Kyokon, but the only similarities between the setting for Chrome and Black are that there are monsters out there (hey starship troopers has that too, they pretty similiar as well?). I've read all of Chrome and their world is absolutely nothing like Black Bullets. I'd give specifics, but explaining chrome's world would be massive spoilers.

Even relationship wise, BB so far seems to have one clear one that was set on from the start with Kisara. Chrome has several candidates (and I mean that as have interest but not fawning over or anything close) but nothing develops at all really with any of them and it was definitely kept as a side thing until he chooses one 3/4 of the way through (ok technically the choice was at the very end, but it was being slowly built up around 3/4 of the way through). Also, Layfon started top tier, Rentaro is having to work his way up through experience and as far as book 4 is only ranked 250th.

I doubt Kyokon has a world similar to Chrome's at all, and it looks like an actual harem from the novel covers and that short CM.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
The characters and little bit of the plot kinda remind me of IS (Infinite Stratos) and Black Bullet after a fashion. Then again, i think manga writers maybe dublicating one another
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1