• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation September 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
So you have to get the Collectors Ed to get the Artbox? The Limited Ed doesn't come with one? Ouch. Its a little disappointing, but I'm glad to see that they are offering one.

A lot of people were pissed when it was announced and have been complaining on Funi's forums, FB page, and Twitter, asking for the box to either be separate for purchase or also allowed for the LE. Regardless, I think I'm gonna buy the Collector's Edition either way because of the Wall Rose, Wall Maria, and Wall Sina banners. What will I do with banners? Uh, maybe hang one up at work? IDK, but they look cool and I wanna get one.

@SA - I don't think the Collector's Edition is really worth it for Part 1, unless if you like little hickdickory and bojangle doodads. I bought the LE for Part 1. The box is the real selling point if it stays exclusive to the CE for Part 2. The banners are also pretty cool for the CE Part 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Damn. That Collectors Edition looks great!

willag wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
So you have to get the Collectors Ed to get the Artbox? The Limited Ed doesn't come with one? Ouch. Its a little disappointing, but I'm glad to see that they are offering one.

A lot of people were pissed when it was announced and have been complaining on Funi's forums, FB page, and Twitter, asking for the box to either be separate for purchase or also allowed for the LE.

I can imagine that people weren't too pleased about it. If they'd make it available for separate purchase, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
@SA - I don't think the Collector's Edition is really worth it for Part 1, unless if you like little hickdickory and bojangle doodads. I bought the LE for Part 1. The box is the real selling point if it stays exclusive to the CE for Part 2. The banners are also pretty cool for the CE Part 2.

Ah, but alas, I already purchased the first collector's edition some three months ago. The things that came with it are dumb and shiny, but in just cool enough way that I'm sort of happy to have them even if I can't even pretend to have any real use for the things. They sure as Hell beat a goddamned postcard.

The second collector's edition set, however, looks to be massively cooler than the first. I'm a little surprised that they didn't lead with their best foot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Oh hot diggity, it's a pop-up book! a damned sexy artbox!

Wait a minute...penguins can't fly...PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Anywho, I went ahead and preordered it. It's pretty much what I was hoping for as far as the artbox is concerned and I'm glad I didn't go for the premium edition of part one (picked up the LE instead) since a) these extras are much cooler and b) I ended up saving about $40 in the long run.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Looks nice, wish I wasn't so broke Laughing
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
I don't know how long this promo code will last, but it was given at Funi's AX panel: AX10 - get an extra 10% off your online order from Funimation.com. I just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Funi's shop, and the final total came up to $87.07 with the 10% discount.
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:19 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I don't know how long this promo code will last, but it was given at Funi's AX panel: AX10 - get an extra 10% off your online order from Funimation.com. I just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Funi's shop, and the final total came up to $87.07 with the 10% discount.

Thank you very much. With that code, I only spent 33 dollars more on the CE then I would have on the LE. It's a decent deal imo, considering I really want that artbox. Those wall banners look nice as well.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/07/11/release-date-for-one-piece-season-six-voyage-one/

One Piece: Season 6, Part 1 release date on Amazon.com will be September 30, 2014. For the rest of the retailers is will be November 18, 2014.

---

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/07/11/funimation-adds-ender-box-for-attack-on-titan-part-2-limited-edition/

Attack on Titan, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE w/Ender Artbox) http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=93941 | MSRP: $99.98
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:50 am Reply with quote
All right, just for a quick round-up on all of the available Attack on Titan, Part 2 selections. No idea if Right Stuf is going to get the LE with Ender Box edition.

Via Funimation.com Shop:

Via Right Stuf:
  • Attack on Titan Part Two: Standard Edition (Blu-ray/DVD) | MSRP: $49.98 | Price: $29.99
    Quote:
    Episode 14 & 25 Commentaries, Attack on Titan at Anime Expo, "Chibi Theatre: Fly, Cadets, Fly!" Days 14-25, Eyecatch Gallery, Textless Songs, Trailers

Right Stuff Exclusive: While supplies last, customers ordering this item will also receive a special Attack on Titan decal of the Survey Corps emblem!

• Attack on Titan Part Two: Limited Edition (Blu-ray/DVD) | MSRP: $89.98 | Price: $53.99
    Quote:
    Episode 14 & 25 Commentaries, Attack on Titan at Anime Expo, "Chibi Theatre: Fly, Cadets, Fly!" Days 14-25, Eyecatch Gallery, Textless Songs, Trailers

3-D Lenticular Art Card, Notes From Beyond the Wall: Part 2 (24 page digibook featuring character information, interviews, 4 panel comics and more!)

Right Stuff Exclusive: While supplies last, customers ordering this item will also receive a special Attack on Titan decal of the Survey Corps emblem!

Happy anime purchasing.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
No idea if Right Stuf is going to get the LE with Ender Box edition.

The answers that they were giving on their facebook page in regards to that were a bit vague so I emailed Funi to ask if other retailers were going to get it. When I get an answer I'll be sure to post it here.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
It sounds like Funi might have caved a bit to demand, by including a box with the regular LE. I wonder how many of those will they make? They can just have a limited amount and then say oops we sold out. Anyways, I don't care about banners and trinkets. Books, soundtracks, and art boxes are more my thing when it comes to physical extras. I'd definitely go for the LE instead of the CE.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:55 am Reply with quote
One Piece: Collection 10 now up @ Amazon.com as well (September 23, 2014 | MSRP: $34.98). It's not clear right now if it will have the exclusive time period like S6v1.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Rightstuf now has a listing of the LE of Titan Part 2 with the box.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I applaud Funimation for deciding to offer an art box to house the two digipacks. I am cool with pretty much whatever format Funimation uses for two-part releases as long as they provide boxes to house both parts.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
$59.99 or $87.07?

$59.99 or $87.07?

Yeeeeaaaaah, I don't think the banners are worth the extra $27.08. I'll probably cancel and go with Right Stuf. I need to think about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4