• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Audience Favorites - Final Round

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
angelbunnyjp wrote:
I got into contact with my favorite finalist (found her on twitter on accident actually lol) (so glad she made it!!) and I can assure you that she isn't popular on the internet and most people don't know who she is so I think a lot of this voting was done very fairly.

Haha, I mean, popularity isn't a particular issue because a lot of SM fans are either be a celebrity or just..not. I'm not going to be mad that someone popular made the list. They're just as passionate about SM as others who have posted here. So, you don't need to worry. I'm just making an observation, lol.

Which is why I'm glad that the voting was locked for ANN users only. it would've been a total disaster otherwise.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad the sign up cut off was put in place. Heck, even most of the entrants, judging by their sign up dates in other talkback threads, weren't ANN regulars.
Bernkastel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely voting for Krisrix. SMA was incredibly hilarious and her art and cosplay are amazing. I don't think there are many people out there as dedicated to Sailor Moon as she is. She definitely deserves it!
moonlightheroine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really bothered by the "popularity" thing. If people want to rally their fans, by all means.

The only thing I'm bothered by...is how talented some of the entrants are. D: All that art/musical talent/sewing/baking talent. Way jealous to look through the submissions. Wish I had even a fraction of that artistic talent.
sailorevan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I made my entry just for fun, and am thrilled some of you enjoyed it enough to vote for me! Thank you so much, best of luck to everyone!

- Evan
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Evan. I think he deserves something to replace all the stuff he lost.
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I had a hard time choosing my vote since a lot of the Audience Favorite entries are worthy...almost a shame we can only choose one. Laughing For now, I'm not saying who because I don't think it's fair to sway things either way, but I did choose the entry that resonated with me the most.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
I voted for Evan. I think he deserves something to replace all the stuff he lost.

(Thumbs up)

That's the same reason why I voted for him!
KWiley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow! What a wonderful honor. I honestly didn't think I'd get this far... ;///;

I'm very excited and I wanted to stop by to thank any and all who took the time to vote for me. It's greatly appreciated and it means a lot. So... thank you! <3

Good luck to everyone, and whenever the winners are announced, congratulations! Smile
Mooniegirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed seeing someone in there who rallied for votes. I actually told them it was wrong. They are really well known in the community for their art. People will probably know who I mean. Another girl as well who did not rally, but has a popular account who posted about her art.. Another girl there as well. I don't follow her, but I know of her and she is quite popular as well. I don't think it's fair. But nothing I can do about it. I hope who wins is not one of them, but instead one of the other people I voted for (on my Facebook linked account I can vote with) who I liked since day one.

It would be nice if I made it into a round. But I doubt my entry will. It's not really nice art, something colourful or cosplay, but what I put was from my heart.
Good luck to who wins Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Hello fellow moonies! Lauren Ashley here! Some might now my alter ego Pippa! (Highly doubt it lol) I just wanna say how deeply humbled I am to have made it into the finals. There were so many people who entered and I seriously cried like Usa when I saw I had made it into the final 36.

Thank you so much to the people who helped me make it this far, whoever you are. I only wish I had been able to truly make a more impactful paragraph!

I am very glad I was able to touch some people with my story. Sailor Moon was the last thing I shared with my mother before she gave up and as I child I often used to pretend that she could still see me when I watched it and I could even still hear her telling me I was her princess.

It was something I clutched onto and it got me through a bunch if lonely times and even helped me make friends! Smile Sorry for the mush. The show really does mean very much to me! It definitely continues to make me a better person and I am just so happy to have been able to see the stories of other people that it means so much to all of you as well!

Good luck everyone! Thanks again!
Mucho besos! Smile)
Xoxo Lauren
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
It was so hard to choose just one, but I was finally able to do it. Congrats to all of those who made it to the final round! Smile
sonicprogrammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Congratulations to any and all winners of this contest. As well as everyone who loves Sailor Moon. We're all winners for helping resurrect this great series. And thank you VIZ and TOEI for making it happen! Anime smilev
Deedlet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
Aww I didn't make it either..
I must say that it was really hard to vote, but I voted too! Good luck to all the finalists Smile
HezaChan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote
Good luck to all the finalists! I voted for my favorite and I hope they win it Smile

I'm also really excited to see who was picked for the other prizes~

Sailor Moon has brought so many people together, and means so much to everyone. It really is a sight to be seen!

(In my entry I was cosplaying as Sailor Chibi Moon and had my costume on a dress form next to my collection!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3