• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bladedance of Elementalers (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote

Bladedance of Elementalers (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, magic, romance
Themes: harem, spirits

Plot Summary: Only a pure maiden can have the privilege to contract with a spirit. In here, Areishia Spirit Academy, trained maidens of noble families are gathered and given an elite's education to become spirit contractors. A boy, Kamito, peeped by accident at a girl, Clair, while she was taking a bath and he ended up making a contract with the spirit she wanted. Yes, Kamito is an irregular boy spirit contractor whose existence was thought impossible until now. "You stole...my spirit...you have to take responsibility for it!" "Huh?" "You have to become my contracted spirit!" What will Kamito's destiny lead to? (MAL)
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

They didn't waste time introducing Claire at all. Still, I don't like her voice much so far. I think it will take some time to get used to. I think this episode established the basic premise of the show. Looks like they introduced spoiler[some of the main girls like Rinslet as well. There will be more to come later though but right now, there's already some relationship problems.]

No ED song yet in the first episode. We'll probably see that next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote

Interesting episode start.
Didn't expect this to have action parts.
Still, it's rather obvious where this is going.
Cute girls, harem & the inevitable fan service.
Could be fun for someone who likes this anime type.
Skipping it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I've read all 13 novels, and yeah, I'll say that if you don't care for this type of show, Blade Dance probably won't change your mind.

Still, it's quite a lot better than its ilk, with as much an emphasis on character and plot development as there is on the fanservice. Some pretty awesome battles too.

As an adaptation it's off to a pretty good start. Didn't get that rushed feeling as typical of LN adaptations.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Yay been looking forward to this for quite a while! So far things are looking good. Anyone know how many episodes this will be? Im hoping it covers the 2nd arc.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as how spoiler[Fianna and Jio] are in the opening, obviously they're going to do the 2nd arc.

Right now I'm assuming it will be 12-13 episodes. The complete lack of marketing material leads me to think they're not going to give it much (if it was going to be 26 it'd probably recieve more promos like Mahouka did).

Since the High School DxD team is working on it, it might cover the first two books, since each season of DxD covered 2. But then again, most single cour light novel adaptations usually do 3 or 4.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
IS Infinite Stratos x Zero no Tsukaima + a cooler male lead = ???

So I am assuming that Ren Ashbell is spoiler[ Kamito's sister or some other type of relative since they look alike and he was bought over to defeat her.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

So he is the whole sort of destined to be spoiler[a demon king thing, he is currently being blackmailed by a friend of some sort being held hostage by that "witch" who plans to use him to stop what she sees as a threat?] I do like how he is willing to use small tricks to out do little miss tsundere, gets annoying when they just take what others dish out.

I have a bit of a good feeling from this episode, maybe better than Dragonar was.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Seeing as how spoiler[Fianna and Jio] are in the opening, obviously they're going to do the 2nd arc.

Right now I'm assuming it will be 12-13 episodes. The complete lack of marketing material leads me to think they're not going to give it much (if it was going to be 26 it'd probably recieve more promos like Mahouka did).

Since the High School DxD team is working on it, it might cover the first two books, since each season of DxD covered 2. But then again, most single cour light novel adaptations usually do 3 or 4.

Thanks for the answer as knowing how many episodes this will likely be gives me a good idea of how far it will go. Oh and when I said 2nd arc I did mean the 2nd arc and not the 2nd volume. So im referring to the spoiler[Blade Dance festival]arc.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I was wondering if that might be what you meant. Sadly I don't think it'll go that far. The opening alone only shows stuff from the first 2 novels.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
...That title is redonculous. If it were "elementalists", I could pass it for being a clever portmanteau, but as it is, it is completely unacceptable. Razz
Blueskyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
and i can't believe what a stale and overdone plot-line they're trying to present as good...........how about this.......the male having been shown the accommodations made in three hours.....would turn around and say "i stay in housing that you would stay in ,nothing else""you can also explain to the head mistress why i left""bye".........that would be refreshing and new.......or how about this.....someone who can block these stupid girls who lash out at the nearest guy because the wind blew up her skirt.........i'm not asking for much, a real man who gets thru his day by solving lifes problems as they come at him ;but not putting up with such shite..........Blueskyes
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:
...That title is redonculous. If it were "elementalists", I could pass it for being a clever portmanteau, but as it is, it is completely unacceptable. Razz

The LN translations and manga scanlations both use elementalist. But yeah, Elementalers sounds stupid. Also, why is Blade Dance one word?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
IS Infinite Stratos x Zero no Tsukaima + a cooler male lead = ???

So I am assuming that Ren Ashbell is spoiler[ Kamito's sister or some other type of relative since they look alike and he was bought over to defeat her.]

atleast the MC is not interest in little girls. He said it himself. I though Ren Ashbell is spoiler[Kamito]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
So he was bought over to spoiler[defeat himself?] o.o
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
What a tweest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7