• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dargonik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Hello

What anime, hentaianime, doujinshi or manga its this. Where is a boy with an uncontrollable libido in the school or doing what he do he always has that uncontrollable libido to the point that he's going to expelled if don't fullfil the goal of to make the number 1 idol in the school.

Hope someone know it.
Thanks
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
dargonik wrote:
he's going to expelled if don't fullfil the goal of to make the number 1 idol in the school.

Thanks

what does this mean? who has to become an idol?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Anyone know the name of this song ? 1:05 to 1:24
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

The lyrics said "Kokoro no Blue Sky tsubasa de" and googling that led me to this. According to that site, the song is "Romeo's Blue Skies" by Hiroko Kasahara. Listening to YouTube makes me think it is the song in question.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:

The lyrics said "Kokoro no Blue Sky tsubasa de" and googling that led me to this. According to that site, the song is "Romeo's Blue Skies" by Hiroko Kasahara. Listening to YouTube makes me think it is the song in question.

That was fast. Thanks.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
Oh, also, here's the full version of it covered by Chihaya just in case you're looking for it.
pibburns

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

As EmbraceMe has already stated, this is Sora e, the opening theme of the anime Romeo no Aoi Sora (Romeo's Blue Skies). The official English title is Romeo and the Black Brothers. The anime is based upon a German language novel Die schwarzen Brüder ("The Black Brothers") written in 1941 by Kurt Held.

Sadly, as far as I know, this anime never received an official English language release.

Hiroko Kasahara sang the opening theme in the anime. There are a couple of live performances of her singing this theme available on YouTube.
Federated

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Ok, here's a tuff one, been driving me crazy Anime dazed:

- I was a kid when I saw this, around 1984, (yeah, long time ago), so this anime is 30+ years old.
- Mecha or Sci-fi based, but all planet-side, I think. I remember giant hover (or rolling) machines plowing through a city laying waste to it. I don't recall them being humanoid, more like tanks. These machines were huge! Potentially hundreds of feet in height. I think there were good machines and bad machines.
- Team of good guys, pilots/crew...I remember them looking off a cliff and cheering at one point.
- Movie or OVA format I think. I remember spending a morning at my friends watching it. I don't think I ever saw it again.

It's driving me nuts because it is the one anime from my childhood I have not been able to identify. Crying or Very sad

please help!

Last edited by Federated on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Federated

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
One more while I'm at it, should be easier:

- Saw it on some movie channel late a night 6-8 years ago, however the anime has a 90s or even late 80s vibe to it.
- Definitely a movie or OVA, maybe 60-90 minutes length.
- About a party of 3-5, one woman, rest men, trying to survive in some post apocalyptic world, mostly desert.
- I think they are searching for water, life, or some resource.
- They walk on foot, desert wind is harsh
- World is pretty depressing and messed up
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen Green Legend Ran in ages but check up on it and see if that's what you're talking about. My memory is hazy but a few of the points match and I know it did have a compiled TV release at some point.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:02 am Reply with quote
Federated wrote:

- Saw it on some movie channel late a night 6-8 years ago, however the anime has a 90s or even late 80s vibe to it.
- About a party of 3-5, one woman, rest men, trying to survive in some post apocalyptic world, mostly desert.

Alternatively it could be The Weathering Continent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
Agreed with errinundra, especially if the series in question had a fantasy feel to it. (It involved a visit to a massive city of the dead and one of the protagonists was a very girly-looking man in addition to a petite female, if that helps.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Federated

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:55 am Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
Federated wrote:

Alternatively it could be The Weathering Continent

That's it!! Fantastic, thanks!
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Federated wrote:
Ok, here's a tuff one, been driving me crazy Anime dazed:

- I was a kid when I saw this, around 1984, (yeah, long time ago), so this anime is 30+ years old.
- Mecha or Sci-fi based, but all planet-side, I think. I remember giant hover (or rolling) machines plowing through a city laying waste to it. I don't recall them being humanoid, more like tanks. These machines were huge! Potentially hundreds of feet in height. I think there were good machines and bad machines.
- Team of good guys, pilots/crew...I remember them looking off a cliff and cheering at one point.
- Movie or OVA format I think. I remember spending a morning at my friends watching it. I don't think I ever saw it again.

It's driving me nuts because it is the one anime from my childhood I have not been able to identify. Crying or Very sad

please help!

Vintage is a bit off (way off if you watched it dubbed), but it makes me think of The Venus Wars.

Check out the Buried Treasure article.
pibburns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Federated wrote:

One movie of that vintage that featured tank battles within a city was Techno Police 21C. About the only things I remember at this distance in time are the tanks and the English language track which featured the same Hong Kong actors that usually dubbed martial arts movies of that period.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 484 of 569