• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Kite Film to Premiere on DirecTV on August 28

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
That tells me so much, and relieves me a little. Well, this little bomb will be hidden away and that's a good thing, now give me my uncensored Kite BluRay.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
Is it a channel that you have to pay for (like the cinema channels)? If so I'm not too interested. I thought it'd be on an actual channel, but they aren't being too specific about it.
GekiRed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That tells me so much, and relieves me a little. Well, this little bomb will be hidden away and that's a good thing, now give me my uncensored Kite BluRay.

Is there anything you DO like because the majority of your posts make you come across as being a right misery guts...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
GekiRed wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Is there anything you DO like because the majority of your posts make you come across as being a right misery guts...

I'm not that old British guy or Ikillchicken, I just tend to voice my opinions on things I feel strongly about. And what posts, the ones here and about Robotech? That hardly qualifies you to say I like or enjoy nothing.
sokpupet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:45 am Reply with quote
I dunno. I've seen your posts for years and for the most part you don't seem to like much of anything.

edit: Though I will also admit I haven't been watching you very closely, so there's every chance I'm just not seeing the right posts.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 am Reply with quote
I like hundreds of anime, I'm just far more likely to comment on things I don't or things I take issue with. It's easier to have multiple posts about what's bothering me with Sailor Moon Crystal than for something like "yeah, Sidonia was a solid show, I'll look forward to more." Or it could be for problems surrounding a show but not with the show itself, like not being enthralled about Ladies Versus Butlers only having a DVD release by an unreliable company.
GekiRed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
GekiRed wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I'm not that old British guy or Ikillchicken, I just tend to voice my opinions on things I feel strongly about. And what posts, the ones here and about Robotech? That hardly qualifies you to say I like or enjoy nothing.

Well la-de-damn-dah!

It's because of that damn arrogant attitude of yours that a lot of people here don't like you as well as the likes of penguintruth.

There's nothing wrong with not liking stuff that others like, but at the same time, it doesn't give you the right to come across as being a holier than thou stuck-up person!
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
It actually looks better than that promotional reel we got a few months back. And they're even keeping it R, which is nice. The only thing it still suffers from is 'white person playing Japanese character' syndrome. But Umetsu will probably never get this far up the ladder again, so he likely doesn't care.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the bathroom scene will be in the film.....would love to see it done.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
At the end of summer...the Kite will FLY!

([expletive] kill me)
clipeuh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
So DirectTV is VOD, right? It's kinda weird that they're doing their limited theatrical so far after the VOD release. I haven't seen the actual anime though, so I probably should watch that before this movie anyway.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
This looks so awful...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The things people said about Edge of Tomorrow.
Watch the film first and see for yourselves.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
The things people said about Edge of Tomorrow.
Watch the film first and see for yourselves.

What people? I thought EoT looked great from the trailers. This not so much. It doesn't help that it's starring no names and a SLJ who has no idea what he's even talking about when he mentions liking a graphic novel.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
clipe: It's actually the norm nowadays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2