• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods English Dub Clips Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what's funnier, that the reaction to the Vegeta clip on YT was "I wish they had brought Sabat back to be Vegeta!" (he is), or that that funny scene is immediately followed up by the serious "epic" music Funimation is using to sell this movie.

No, I think I'm going to go with Sean Schemmel's King Kai still being a thing. Come to think of it, his Goku is still pretty off in that clip, too. But it's one clip, and he's improved over time, so I'll let it pass until I hear the entire dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I think the Japanese have been watching those Weekly Tube Show clips. Rolling Eyes
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I think there needs to be time based movie where Vegeta is shown this clip of himself dancing like a moron when he was first introduced in the series. He'd probably kill himself Laughing
Second Fire Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Those clips were fantastic.

Sabat nailed that bingo scene and Krillin's line, "Okay, he's been drinking more than Gohan!" Laughing

Beerus sounds a bit more menacing than the Japanese version but considering the sort of shit he pulls later in the movie it's justifiable. But Douglas overall sounds just good as Yamadera.

Sean Schemmel... what more can be said? The more the years go by, the more you sound like a natural.

Funimation, you've outdone yourselves. I think people are gonna love this movie dubbed just as much as people love it subbed.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I don't know what's funnier, that the reaction to the Vegeta clip on YT was "I wish they had brought Sabat back to be Vegeta!" (he is), or that that funny scene is immediately followed up by the serious "epic" music Funimation is using to sell this movie.

No, I think I'm going to go with Sean Schemmel's King Kai still being a thing. Come to think of it, his Goku is still pretty off in that clip, too. But it's one clip, and he's improved over time, so I'll let it pass until I hear the entire dub.

Were there Bruce Faulconer comments as well?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Yeah, tonal whiplash. The movie isn't serious whatsoever, it's just a lot of mucking about for 80 minutes, 15 minutes of the fight with Buffalo Bills, and then an ending.
LaSean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Yeah that music super serious epic action movie music after that scene is killing me right now lol
Second Fire Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Yeah, tonal whiplash. The movie isn't serious whatsoever, it's just a lot of mucking about for 80 minutes, 15 minutes of the fight with Buffalo Bills, and then an ending.

"Buffalo Bills"!? Are you kidding me!? Laughing
suprememoonempress

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
The bingo part is the best
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I think there needs to be time based movie where Vegeta is shown this clip of himself dancing like a moron when he was first introduced in the series. He'd probably kill himself Laughing

Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1