• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) irregular at magic high school (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
lol I did find it funny that Miyuki was actually accusing someone else of being brocon.

Also since everyone know Tatsuya is awesome, I don't think it is a stretch to believe those 2 from the other school are underestimating him. This was a fun episode, can't wait to see the finals for their competition.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 3rd School guys intentionally do certain things in their fights as a way of sending a message to Tatsuya? So they were conscious about what skills they were using, knowing that Tatsuya was watching. AND YET these Really Smart Guys never considered that Tatsuya might *also* have been doing the same thing, particularly after their initial meeting? WHY ON EARTH would they assume that that counter-spell thing Tatsuya used was the limit of his offensive capabilities? Why not consider the fact that if he was willing to use that against such an inferior opponent, he might have bigger weapons to use against a worthy opponent? Why not consider that *he* might not have been doing them the very same thing *they* were doing to him? It just makes no sense.

I will say that there was a tad less focus on Tatsuya's awesomeness this episode. I mean, there weren't any girls squealing at him, and only the nurse/secret agent got all hot-and-bothered over him this episode, which is fewer females than usual. I'm expecting a better showing next week, or I might start to doubt Tatsuya's awesome awesomeness.... Just kidding.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote
The spoiler[Monolith Code] imo is probably one of the hardest challenges in the entire tournament. Still, Tatsuya makes it look easy...

And yeah, it was ironic that spoiler[Miyuki was talking to Erika about bro-con.] I lol'd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Still, Tatsuya makes it look easy... [/spoiler]

I note, BTW, that there are far more than 512 symbols on the graph that is revealed when the monolith splits open. Regardless I don't see any way of transcribing 512 symbols while under defensive fire but it isn't that big a deal if all the opponents are knocked out. So really the game is knocking out the opponents.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Still, Tatsuya makes it look easy... [/spoiler]

I note, BTW, that there are far more than 512 symbols on the graph that is revealed when the monolith splits open. Regardless I don't see any way of transcribing 512 symbols while under defensive fire but it isn't that big a deal if all the opponents are knocked out. So really the game is knocking out the opponents.

or you can type super fast. that's why i think Tatsuya is going to win.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
That little spat Erika had with her bro seemed out of place. I forgot she even had a brother yet alone him having a relationship with Mibu. I knew she didn't like her so guess this explains why but.........eh the sequence of events haven't exactly been placed well n this show tbh. Again a wasted opportunity to properly develop the characters.

OP Prince vs OP Roboman. It would be nice if something more than Tatsuya owning him would come of this..........but that's not very likely
Crying or Very sad
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Probably the best episode so far in the entire series today. The fight itself was intense and didn't waste any time. spoiler[Tatsuya's victory] didn't come to me as a surprise though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Is it really accure to describe it as spoiler["Tatsuya's victory"] though? spoiler[He was out once he beat Masaki, and it was up to Mikihiko and Leo to take out George and the other dude. It was very much a team victory.]

I'm getting kind of worried about the episode count. Next week is NSC part 10, and the longer it goes on the more I'm thinking they won't have enough time to do Yokohama justice. Just have to wait and see.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the red prince beingspoiler[ forced to use illegal magic happened just like I thought.] But it spoiler[wasn't out of desperation so much as he was unprepared for the fact Tatsuya had advanced on him so quickly.] But props on spoiler[forcing Tatsuya to pull his trump cards.]

Though it's spoiler[really weird they didn't think he had any secrets he was hiding.]

And what was up with those two scientist people talking about Tatsuya's true abilities and such so casually in the audience? That's secret information just being potentially leaked so leisurely lol!
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:23 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead, you'll notice that those two were alone in their part of the stands. There wasn't anyone else shown sitting anywhere near where they were seated.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Sure but i don't think that people just go around talking casually about launch code numbers or top secret military operations in the open do you? Laughing

They tell you "While this stuff is secret it's perfectly fine for you talk about this it in stands when people could be walking by and happen to hear you." xP
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

I agree that this was one of the better episodes, something made from a larger action to explanation ratio, and that spoiler[this was a team effort where Tatsuya was mostly in charge of taking on one guy while the other two dealt with the others]. Sure it was his spoiler[secret specialty at reading someone's spell making, and he self healed from a deadly attack], but it was made clear that spoiler[the other guy was offensively more dangerous and was beaten from being limited and shocked].

what were they talking about, those cloaks looked cool, compared to what the girls were wearing earlier that's cool? If Tatsuya can spoiler[self heal, than couldn't he just heal the ear damage, I was partially thinking that he was faking the hearing loss].
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
If Tatsuya can spoiler[self heal, than couldn't he just heal the ear damage, I was partially thinking that he was faking the hearing loss].

Maybe spoiler[that spell takes a lot out of him and ruptured eardrum isn't worth it.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
That was a decent episode, with a little plot progression thrown in for once. Although when you get right down to it, basically all they were saying was that Tatsuya is even more awesome than they already knew he was. Wink

What I didn't understand was why the match wasn't over spoiler[the minute the Prince guy used illegal lethal force (even if by miscalculation) that everyone could see was illegal in real time without even having to go to the tape. Does trying to kill your opponent just count as a couple of points off in case of ties or something?]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Because DRAMA, Gina. You know that. Razz

Also, this is Tatsuya still spoiler[with a lot of his power sealed away (according to his sister in this episode)]. I wonder what a [Emperor Palpatine voice]FULLY OPERATIONAL[/Emporer Palpatine voice] Tatsuya could do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 32