• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Necroposting.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the talkback section has a more stringent policy and just about any thread over a month old has a chance to be locked. But if the new article links to the new article, it shouldn't be locked. I'm sure Tony will realize the mistake and reopen it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I completely overlooked the age of the newer article because Sailor Moon perfume isn't really something I care about. I remember there being the first article, then looked at the dates of the posts and thought it was somebody necroposting when, in fact, it was just a case of "news recycling," so it's unlocked, now.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote
I was just wondering if threads are now being deleted instead of locked for necroposting?

I reported two threads in the Anime forum yesterday.
A few minutes ago I got curious and looked to see if they had been locked, but I could not find them.
I got the URLs for the threads from my browser's history. When I clicked on the links I got the "The topic or post you requested does not exist" message.

One of the threads was "Any Cardcaptors Fans?" and the other was something about mean spirited anime.
Were they deleted because of necroposting? Or is this just a coincidence and they were deleted for some other reason?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
I deleted all the threads that user necro'd (or rather, moved them to a "trash" forum), and also placed them on Moderated status since I already warned him/her about our necropost policy, and he/she has failed to adhere to it.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
That explains it.
Thank you.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't think you need to delete the substantial threads though. The mean-spirited one had some good discussion that participants might want to look up later or someone might want to read via a search for a show.
Morisummer500

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
This is stupid, we should be discussing ANIME, not these rules about necroposting or these other rules that make it hard for posters to express themselves or offer a good honest opinion about anime and manga. The arrogance of the people who run this forum boggles the mind. I am not going to waste my time writing any post only for it to be deleted, et cetera! So I am banning-myself from posting anything else in these forums, there are plenty of other anime forums I can post to I'm sure. I want to have fun and discuss anime and not worry about these rules!!! So Sayonara, minna, sayonara.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
Morisummer500 wrote:
[self-entitlement / persecution rant]

K'. Bye.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote
And not a single tear was shed.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I just have a question about what is exempt from the necroposting rule.

Earlier today I saw a series discussion thread get locked in the Anime forum and a review thread get locked in the Talkback forum.

Were those mistakes, or has the policy been changed since the opening post here was last revised?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I am already investigating the Fruits Basket thread. I knew there were several and I did not think that was one of them. The title sure does not send a message of serious discussion. I will probably go back and reopen it but I want to clean it up some, edit the title, and maybe merge some of the others if possible.

Edit: I reopened it. I had locked it initially thinking there was a newer thread I could instead link the poster too and merge his post there. Turns out the 7 year old thread IS the most recent. Hope someone else posts after him or he's going to be very lonely in that thread.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Touma--
I've PMed Hope Chapman (JesuOtaku).
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
Just a question, I want to post a reply in the comment forum on a review of Cutey Honey (subbed DVD), but it's 1 year and 3 months old...would just posting a comment there be breaking the necroposting rule?

Just wondering...
Touma

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
^
Threads about reviews are exempt from the necroposting rules.
So you would be OK.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
OK, thank you! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11