• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kantai Collection Anime's Staff, January 2015 Premiere Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I like the visual tbh. Finally, an airing date. It's still a few months away but I'm excited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
This could be a wallet draining experience like Summer 2011 ended up (the figures of my favorite shipgirls haven't been made nor announced and could be at anytime), doesn't help that like summer 2011, an Idolm@ster anime is in the lineup. They need to hurry up with Kancolle Kai's release date.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I see no Tenryuu.
This show will be shit.
Uokel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I like the visual tbh. Finally, an airing date. It's still a few months away but I'm excited.

It's had multiple airing dates but they keep pushing it back
It was suppose to come out summer season as I n right now than was push backed to October now pushed back to January
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
sirdano1 wrote:
I see no Tenryuu.
This show will be shit.

We don't know who else will be announced yet, just wait until around November or December, additional characters get added before and even during the airing of an anime.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Aww until January? I had hoped it would have aired this summer. Still, glad to finally see a confirmed release date. Definitely watching. The characters designs look cute as well.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I have a mixed feelings about this.

First, the cast of characters is quite strange - most of the characters in the cast are based on the fandom popularity, but some selected kanmusu in the anime is the big surprise - for example, I could easily imagine from unannounced characters in the poster really popular Nagato or quite popular Yuudachi, but certainly not Mutsuki with her really poor appearance in the fan works.

Second - I was really wary about the composer. Original game have really good and enjoyable soundtrack, and inviting the guy, who mostly work as arranger - not the most pleasant thing. But on the other hand, if he is invited as arranger, and anime use tracks from the original or a some kind of variations, there is all be successful.

But otherwise I'm still going to hope that what will be shown in PV is decent.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy that neither of my favorites (Musashi and Bismarck) are in. On the one hand I don't get to see either of the best BBs being amazing, but on the other, I'm glad they're not going to get bad artwork like Fubuki and to a lesser extent Akagi did, and I'm glad they won't get attention from some of the more obnoxious fans the anime is sure to draw. Plus if the anime itself is bad, which it easily could be, my girls won't be part of that. But then if it's good I do get Yuudachi in it and she's another favorite of mine. Trade-offs.

Also I'm kinda worried about the whole CG battle thing. That usually looks pretty jarring...
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy that neither of my favorites (Musashi and Bismarck) are in.

If the season is overly successful, we might see future media production and eventually everyone will get to see there favorite character making more than just an on screen cameo.

Just as well, there is little doubt there will be a relatively limited cast of characters for the first official anime release.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Dang...I was looking forward to this this summer, and this fall...and this Winter...

Hey, if by delaying it, they can make it even better and include some of the newer Kanmusu (especially Amatsukaze) then I'm in. I'm a bit surprised that Shimakaze isn't in the main art considering she's one of the most popular girls in the series, and her art has already been revealed.

I like the majority of these designs too, some look the same, while others like Fubuki have received much better redesigns.

Well, I've got something to look forward to in Winter now!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I just wish KanColle wasn't so popular that it basically completely took over Comiket and will again. Now it's just that and Touhou for male circles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
If this has male char in it I won't watch this shit
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I took a quick look at the card game to see what it looked like. The illustrations on the cards don’t look as cute, but I do like the promotional picture. The character designs to me look better and cuter than the ones use in the card game.

Anyway I can't say for certain if this is going to be good or bad due to there being little to no information on the story, but I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future as we get closer to the release date. Assuming they don't delay it again. It's my first hearing of this anime and I read that it has been delay twice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Shimakaze and some other popular girls were on promo arts for the series. They just didn't put them on the poster.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
So the winter season hopefuly it will be at less 2 cours

Cant wait to see Hime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2