• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gunslinger Girl's Aida to Launch 1518! Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
A variety of genres huh? I'm hoping some of them will be memorable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr_42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
This is a serious departure from the theme and tone of Gunslinger Girl!

GG was (and is) still one of my top 5 manga and I think Aida will have to pull out something spectacular to top it but I'm still going to look forward to 1518 as I enjoy his artstyle as well as his story telling and it'll be interesting to see how he makes his Highschool manga original and different from the legions of such series out there already.

As for the other series being announced only two catch my interest, Eroge no Taiyō for it's artstyle (it reminds me of a more typically shonen bakuman style) and Kedamame simply because of how cryptic the article is and the promo pic looks really unnerving. Very Happy
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
New book by Aida, I'm trying to finish GSG now. But good to see that he's still putting stuff out.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I love the gg manga but I still need to finish that tbh... but regardless what I've read so far is amazing, although I'm a little wary of this new one because the subject matter of a high school student council may be too much for me. It just sounds too original.
ajr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
...and do we know anything about what 1518! is about? I'm guessing no, other than that the one lady is wearing a baseball glove.

Also, regarding said "serious business drama"; it sure doesn't look like it. Although if it really is, I guess the juxtaposition between the art style/harem premise and the story content might be interesting.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:22 am Reply with quote
Congratulations for him, GG is one of my favorite series and his art is also one of my fave. It would be a waste to see it go waste.

On a side note, where the hell is GG S3?
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
The company's new offerings seem interesting. The art for Kedamame is stunning beautiful, but the picture doesn't convey it being linked to the description of the story.

Eroge no Taiyō seems more of the same old Harlem setup of a story, even if it billing itself as serious business drama. Yeah right.

Well, hopefully the starts will help propel the company to become successful.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Mean businessman+an eroge company that has a lot of women=anime series potential.

One has to wonder how serious they are about the "serious business drama" statement, or if that was sarcasm. I would bet it is more of a "serious business comedy", but time will tell.

These all sound interesting to some extent. I am curious to see Aida's new work. We got the least info on it... Being about a student council is kind of ... open ended.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1