• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls und Panzer's Mizushima, P.A. Works Collaborate for SHIROBAKO Original TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote
Well that's interesting. P.A. Works sure have been a bit active lately huh? I'm hoping to see a PV soon but I am interested in this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
And now to start the prayer: Please be gender-balanced, please be gender-balanced, please be gender-balanced...
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
This needs to be a cute girls doing cute things type of anime, nothing like Tari Tari please.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
And now to start the prayer: Please be gender-balanced, please be gender-balanced, please be gender-balanced...
Not sure what youre trying to say here. Their last two shows were pretty realistically balanced. 3 main males in NagiAsu to 4 girls, and Glasslip has 3 males to 3 girls. How much more "Balance" do you want? A more realistic balance? I think a more realistic would be like 5 boys to 3 girls, but I don't see the issue with balance in their recent works.

Or did you mean like, a show aimed at both male and female audiences? because I think ALL their shows have been that way as well.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Well that's interesting. P.A. Works sure have been a bit active lately huh? I'm hoping to see a PV soon but I am interested in this.

It's great P.A. Works has been doing well for the last few years, since they emerged as a subcontractor to a full fledged production studio. I find it also interesting they're doing just as much original work.
Seems these days the only way to get an original work is to launch a Kick Starter.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:51 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:

Glasslip is about as gender-balanced as it gets, and it's probably the least liked (on the internet) PA Works show I've seen in years.
acejem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

Glasslip is about as gender-balanced as it gets, and it's probably the least liked (on the internet) PA Works show I've seen in years.

I'd say Red Data Girl was the last liked PAW series.

Nonetheless, Glasslip has been pretty bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1