• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mabinogi MMORPG Brings Sword Art Online Event to N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ddedlyhunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait!!
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I find it irritating that they're using Aincrad-era Kirito, but Alfheim-era Yui. I guess they think having her as a fairy floating beside Kirito makes her look cooler?
Ddedlyhunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
I find it irritating that they're using Aincrad-era Kirito, but Alfheim-era Yui. I guess they think having her as a fairy floating beside Kirito makes her look cooler?

I think its because a fairy Yui fits the game better
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
This was old news for me, because someone on my twitter feed has been ranting about it since it was announced, and they plastered it all over their launch page and such, forcing her to see it until it's done, unless she boycotts the game.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
It's me. The ranter Dessa is talking about is me. Anime hyper .

Because yeah, I hate SAO, but somehow it stalks all the things I love Anime hyper . SOMEHOW. It's actually kinda hilarious in a sad (for me) kinda way. I mean, Mabinogi is the ONLY mmo I play, and this is where SAO shows up? It's after me, and one day, I fully expect someone who looks like Asuna or Kirito will show up at my door and STAB ME TO DEATH whilst saying, "HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW?"

...or. something like that.

Thaaaat said, I'm not ACTUALLY boycotting Mabi really. I just haven't been playing that much lately anyways. My mabi account is over five years old, but I still log in when the mood randomly hits me. I like to browse the in-game player shops for fun.

Mabi's fun and you should all try it out Very Happy . Despite the SAO promo Wink .
kasarrah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote
If anything the only reason I looked at this game was because of the SAO promo. Regardless of your apparent hate for SAO people like myself like it. You may find this a shocker but over the 100+ anime I have seen SAO is right up there on my favorite and most enjoyable. Sure it had its flaws (mostly the second half) but that is no reason why people still cant find it enjoyable and like it.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
This was old news for me, because someone on my twitter feed has been ranting about it since it was announced, and they plastered it all over their launch page and such, forcing her to see it until it's done, unless she boycotts the game.
Wow. That is really, really sad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1