• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
@classicalzawa
Mine doesn't either, apparently that is the way they came out. I bought mine new back when they first came out. Back then most of the time shows packaged like that came in a sleeve. It always seemed like something was missing but I never saw another copy to compare. It didn't help that the store where I got it was quite capable of re shrink wrapping something. It was also weirdly priced.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Looks like my preorder of Tamako Market will be shipping out soon via Rightstuf. My bank account's been charged for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
@Alan
Yeah, I thought that was weird too, who doesn't put a sleeve on something like that?

Otakon wasn't enough... Right Stuf had just the sale I was looking for and I added something from the Udon sale too.

13th Boy 5, 9 (complete, because I arranged a trade for 6 of the other volumes)
Goong 16 (a pre-order, which I don't usually do for manga, but I always end up having to buy this series online anyway and Right Stuf has the best prices even without a Yen sale. It doesn't come out until the end of September, but it just made sense to pre-order it right now since I wanted other things)
Gurren Lagann art works (I had a tough time deciding between this and Persona 3, so I went over to Amazon where the one review flipped through both books and I determined I liked the GL one more right now)
Higurashi Festival Accompanying Arc 3, 4 series v 24, 25 (been meaning to get these for a few months really. Would've completed the series until Dice Killing was announced, one can never have enough Higurashi it would appear).
Hissing 6 (complete)

There were other things I wanted, but I'll eventually get the Blue Seed anime at some point (probably Xmas sale or something). I was gonna order some Slam Dunk, but I have plenty of money in my paypal, which Rakuten accepts, so I'll probably get it there (36-37% off per vol is good, if I get $40 worth, free shipping too). I was just gonna order two vols on Right Stuf, but I need 8 more vols total for the series.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
Both sets of A Certain Scientific Railgun S I ordered appear to be getting ready to ship out via Rightstuf. My bank account's been charged for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
And just ordered/ pre-ordered both sets for Cat's Eye via Rightstuf.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Siren Visual is having a 30% off sale for the month of August so I finally ordered the 1st season of Chihayafuru.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Went to the used store today, got Slayers seasons 1-3 Funimation set for about $30 after tax. That's about what it is online if not a little cheaper, I looked at Otakon of course, but nothing was cheap enough there, so I got it here!
I also picked up Venture Bros season 5, on DVD actually, because I had $5 coupon at Best Buy that was expiring soon and the DVD was on sale $10, the blu ray $27.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
And now that Yen Press is on sale at TRSI I finally picked up the first two issues of Barakamon.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered the following off Amazon:

Patema Inverted
The Wind Rises
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I bought myself a nice little group of anime and manga at Otakon. Found some good dvd/bluray deals on Sunday at booths. There's also always a cheap manga booth that sells them for $5 a piece or 5 for $20. The selection is not the biggest but I always find some missing volumes I need. Can't beat the price.

Blu-ray/Dvd

Psycho Pass
Code Breaker
Jormungand
Ano Hana tv series
Mardock Scramble Third Combustion movie
Puella Magi Madoka Magica parts 1&2

Manga

Oh My Goddess vol 42-45
The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service vol 3-5
Vampire Hunter D light novels #'s 10-12

My gf got some anime herself. She got on Dvd/Blu-ray

Amnesia
Natsuyuki Rendevous
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Asthetica of a Rouge Hero Complete Collection

And replacing some things I already have that were damaged/defective:
Future Diary Part 1 Limited Edition
Spice and Wolf Season 1
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Is This a Zombie DVD LE
Nyankoi DVD

Eva Type 02 (Red- Asuka's) "Real Model" model

for price of shipping

...you really should be a subscriber. One subscriber scored the entire original Card Captor Sakura DVD run...

Some stuff still left in this round of "Free to a Good Home"
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
those are both available on blu-ray and cheap...
I subscribed once but there was nothing going on in the forums that was interesting.

I am getting a PS vita slim so I can play some games this fall.
lots of good stuff coming, fighting climax, senran kagura.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
Cheap as free?

picky, picky. Yes, the giver upgrades to BD and ditches the DVD- or ditches stuff he just didn't like. There's also manga and figures (mostly EVA this time). But if you don't want to join, no one's forcing you.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
oh, you meant you got those items for free in the subscriber give aways? my bad.

I thought u paid 40$ for the limited edition on amazon or something which is how much they were selling the zombie DVD box last I checked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1153 of 1399