• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvelous Entertainment to Make More Gunslinger Girl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Saw this on AN forum about GSG2
Quote:
While reading around on Suki, I was reading through unaired threads, and apparently the producers had put something on their website about the production of the sequel to Gunslinger Girl. I will quote wao from suki~

Quote:
It looks like someone at the company noticed it and changed the wording of the image, it doesn't mention anything about GSG anymore... but it's for real, they're talking about it on 2ch and it's on moonphase and all - plus, it hasn't changed from the .pdf file that you can see here.* (page 14) I took a screenshot of it but I won't put it here just out of respect for their request at the end not to make unauthorised copies/reproductions

The box MakubeX2 mentioned says 'To produce a sequel to this company's hit product, "Gunslinger Girl"'.
The text on the edge of the blue box says something like "this season's work" - work as in the stuff they're going to be busy with this season. So (thankfully for me!) I figure they're still in planning/pre-production stages... I suppose they won't start showing it until next year.
aluria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they're making a sequel. I found the first series so intriguing to watch, pretty thought provoking. Been considering picking up the box set for awhile now, I think I just might at Anime Evolution this summer Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hentai4me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Looks like this may not be the fairytale we expected, news now states that the references to GSG have been removed from the website.
tagurit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I'm down as long as the first two episodes aren't the same. Or flash back to the same event over and over. Hopefully this new series will show some real P90 action, I am all about that Submachine gun, I think its because I dig caseless ammo.

The reason why there were flashbacks in the first two episodes was because the manga didn't contain enough story in order to make full episodes. But yeah, it's about time they made a sequel.
Calculusman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
Looks like this may not be the fairytale we expected, news now states that the references to GSG have been removed from the website.

I'm not sure. They had it on their report for a reason, which means they're either making it, or seriously considering making it. They could have very well have taken it off because they were like "oops, we didn't want that to be public yet."

I wouldn't necessarily see them taking it off the website as evidence that the project has been canned until they actually come out and say it.
zalas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Does removing mention of a sizeable project from their public financial reports put them in any trouble with the law? Or is it only if they adjust the numbers rather than the categories?
mastertr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
omg...I actually cried tears of joy upon reading this. Gunslinger Girl is my 2nd favorite anime of all time (getting beat by Gundam SEED ;/). I cannot wait. This just made my day -_-

EDIT: I just read the follow up...my dreams were just crushed....in a matter of 60 seconds ;[
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
mastertr wrote:
EDIT: I just read the follow up...my dreams were just crushed....in a matter of 60 seconds ;[

It may have been removed simply because they don't want the news to be public just yet. (Hopefully). They may not have previously considered the possibility of their fanbase checking their financial reports.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quote
ARGGH!! THEY REMOVED IT?!!??!?!
phinx_64

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Kinda wondering where this decision popped up from, actually...

Because I remember vaguely hearing that this show never really made it onto DVD in Japan (or maybe I misunderstood something).

the anime came out as a bonus with the gunslinger girl games, like the . hack games, so no they never were released in japan.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
phinx_64 wrote:
DKL wrote:
Because I remember vaguely hearing that this show never really made it onto DVD in Japan (or maybe I misunderstood something).

the anime came out as a bonus with the gunslinger girl games, like the . hack games, so no they never were released in japan.

Never?! You'd think the producers would make such a decision? The DVD boxset (without the game) were released in Japan not immediately but a year after the TV broadcasting ended. It is still available today.

http://www.gunslingergirl.com/news/041209.html
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00078RR0G/
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=MJBD-70257
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
phinx_64

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Never?! You'd think the producers would make such a decision? The DVD boxset (without the game) were released in Japan not immediately but a year after the TV broadcasting ended. It is still available today.

well they came out with the game originally then
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Really? I doubt that. That's a really bizarre way to release a TV show. The .hack anime that came with the game were OVAs not a TV series.
phinx_64

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
yes i know that sounds odd but im sure thats the way that they were originally released and if you want to check in one of the audio commentaries the guy who designed the art also says this

also on another thing funimation is releasing some gunslinger stuff in august, 2 DVDs

release#9267
Superflyz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quote
2 DVDs?

What in the world could that be?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5