• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Square Enix Considers Dragon Quest VII for 3DS in the West

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
It'll be one heck of a blessing if SE brings this game over. By all means, they shouldn't--both Nintendo and SE have done everything in their power to make something of these games in the West, and they just can't cut the mustard.

Considering how expensive that localization would be, I really wouldn't blame them for skipping us over. Sad
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
It still needs to come over, there is an RPG shortage in the US.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Meh, they should be giving us ports of Terra Nigma and Seiken Densetsu 3, instead.
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Glad they are at least considering this as its something I've really been wanting to play on my 3DS.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

If you make a full list of what's come out in the year and what still is coming out this year, you would be pretty wrong on that. There's been SO many niche Japanese games, including JRPGs, coming out as of late that it is pretty insane. You might not want them all, but they exist and are out there. I'd say that most stuff now is getting localized, even in comparison to the PS2 days and so on.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
On the Psvita alone there's been about 10-15 JPRGs this year.
sniper_samurai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
So much on Square Enix and their renewed focus on RPGs that they decided on after the success of Bravely Default, a game that Nintendo had to localize themselves as Square Enix wouldn't, outside Japan.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:17 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

If you make a full list of what's come out in the year and what still is coming out this year, you would be pretty wrong on that. There's been SO many niche Japanese games, including JRPGs, coming out as of late that it is pretty insane. You might not want them all, but they exist and are out there. I'd say that most stuff now is getting localized, even in comparison to the PS2 days and so on.

This. NISA alone has put out 7-8 games for the calender year 2014. Tales put out another 3-4 titles. Atlus put out some stuff on the 3ds as well. Even Gaijin Works, the Working Design spinoff, put out some stuff. I would say in total we proabably will have over 20 JRPGs by the time the year is over, and considering at various points in time it was normally to get maybe 2 or 3 a year, this is a boon.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
^ Yup things have definitely been booming, and more often than not the companies are listening to the fans and putting out plenty of the most-requested titles. Well, except for Capcom and SE... they are the odd ones out :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1