• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Game Heads West in Spring 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
"The Japanese version of the trailer shown at Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia Press Conference 2014 event mentions a collaboration with the Senran Kagura video game franchise."

Dead or Alive x Senran Kagura. Is this a dream come true?
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
I think they are trying to out-Capcom Capcom with Dead or Alive 5. This makes, what, 4 versions of the game? (Base, Ultimate, Arcade, now Last Round)

edit - 5th version of the game, forgot about Plus. How many versions did Street Fighter 4 get?
razisgosu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
Hoping for that DoA x SK crossover. The world will indeed be wrapped in happy boobs.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I think I heard Laura Bailey as the girl in the black kimono.....ugh. I'm so sick of hearing her voice in every game now. She's really overexposed at this point imo. Her and Troy Baker and Travis Willingham.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
I think they are trying to out-Capcom Capcom with Dead or Alive 5. This makes, what, 4 versions of the game? (Base, Ultimate, Arcade, now Last Round)

edit - 5th version of the game, forgot about Plus. How many versions did Street Fighter 4 get?
You forgot also the ridiculous amounts of DLC to milk it (Well they did listen to the fans, they've admitted it before). You need more than $300 at the cheapest to get it all.
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_5_Ultimate/Downloadable_Content
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:24 am Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

their doing the exact same sad thing that capcom is doing trying to milk out the game for as much as possible. i gave up hope on SF4 after the crappy characters announcements for ultra SF4 and unforunately this game have no updates at all other than the fanservice costumes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
That's not true. Ultimate has plenty of new moves and power launcher mechanics making it different then DoA5.

Plus new characters, stages, game modes, and features.

It's not just costumes that were added.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1