• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DMP Launches Vampire Hunter D Website

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucalb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:16 am Reply with quote
Looks awesome. Now I'm really excited for the manga. Very Happy
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm exciting but a little disappointed that the manga is just going to be retailing the stories from the books. I was hoping for some more new stories. The art looks very nice though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
I'm exciting but a little disappointed that the manga is just going to be retailing the stories from the books. I was hoping for some more new stories. The art looks very nice though.

Which works for me seeing as how I haven't had the chance to read the novels. Also in the intro did anyone else notice how it said the Anime came before the novel. I mean my Vampire Hunter D knowledge aint that deep but I thought that the movies were based off novels.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:25 am Reply with quote
Well this is exciting. Exclamation Anything new visually coming out of this franchise is a plus. Frankly I don't understand why they haven't pursued more high-end animations. They have plenty of story material. But them veining out in this way is going to be great as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Arakis
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:06 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
brand wrote:

Which works for me seeing as how I haven't had the chance to read the novels. Also in the intro did anyone else notice how it said the Anime came before the novel. I mean my Vampire Hunter D knowledge aint that deep but I thought that the movies were based off novels.

I think they were referring to the order in which things were released in English. You're right that in Japan the novels began first, but in the US the first exposure most people had was the Streamline dub of the original movie. I'll never forget seeing Matthew Sweet in concert at a festival one time, where on the big video monitor he had Vampire Hunter D playing instead of footage of himself on stage, which is what most of the other bands would do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Arakis wrote:
I'll never forget seeing Matthew Sweet in concert at a festival one time, where on the big video monitor he had Vampire Hunter D playing instead of footage of himself on stage, which is what most of the other bands would do.

I happened to see 30 Seconds to Mars last year and they played the Hellsing Ultimate Trailer on the video monitors for a few song and before the band took the stage.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1