• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rail Wars! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Anyways, I think the biggest surprise wasn't the culprit but the spoiler[gender of the prince.]

Really? The moment I saw the prince spoiler[I knew it was a girl. We can't any guys ruining his harem]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I think I've mentioned before how fascinated I am by the decisionmaking surrounding censorship. The raws I've found (presumably the TV broadcast) have been more censored than the CR stream, which is unusual. This episode, though, even the CR stream had an interesting moment of censorship (where dining car girl gets her skirt flipped) that wasn't censored in the next episode preview of last week's episode. It seemed downright mild compared to what has been shown before, even within the same episode.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11.

I never heard of an industrial-scale engine that didn't have an emergency shutdown switch.

And how did it keep running once it was detached from the generator care? Weren't they on the non-electrified section?

Nice bit of totally gratuitous unnecessary nudity there.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Noooooo it's over. I am going to miss the trains. Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

Takamiya really wanted to look at that caboose, if you know what I mean. Well Rail Wars is over, and an alright chill episode.

How should we talk about this series as a whole? I quite like the ED song, did not look it up before but it is apparently done by ZAQ, the band behind a lot of the Chuunibyou songs. Most train stuff went over my head in the series, the harem aspect felt tired, and there were some breaks in logic. But the series did have some interesting parts, some problems were that one girl who would not listen in being part of her character, and I guess I can name some episodes that did rather well. Animation was not the most terrible, and there was some good work with tension.

Not sure how much I will remember this series, probably bring it up to make jokes about trains and think of it as another series that fell into same old harem tropes. I rate the series Decent, sure it was not exactly great, but I did not lose my time watching it, it stopped itself from being terrible.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
eh, so long show. I wont be missing you. I'm surprised I made it through
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
eh, so long show. I wont be missing you. I'm surprised I made it through

That's a bit harsh. It was actually an A- on the train pr0n, C- on the ecchi, C on the action, and only really an F where they do things like wedge a tripping breaker to the ON position without finding out why it is firing.

Yeah I won't be watching it again either.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Meh, I didn't hate it but it did become one of those shows I watched mostly so I could appreciate the fan art and doujinshi.

Aoi still needs a punch in the face, but I guess she got a little better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5