• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
AnimeSols wrote:
We've got 7 more shows lined up for streaming support goals! Every 2 weeks we'll put up 3 episodes of another 2 shows for support!

7/26
Goku no Daibouken (directed by Gisabur? Sugii !)
Space Ace (The first show ever produced by Tatsunoko Productions, right before Speed Racer)

8/9
Time Bokan (the first in what became the Time Bokan series, which only really became a hit in Japan with the release of Yatterman)
Temple the Balloonist (Honestly even I've never heard of this one... It was popular in Europe I guess? Check it out!)

8/30
Wonder 3 (Just ask Mike Toole)
Kerokko Dematan (One of the "cute anthropomorphic animals' lives are filled with terrible childhood trauma inducing death and destruction" series of shows from Tatsunoko, which also includes Hutch the Honeybee. Just try and get through these 3 episodes without shedding a tear.)

9/13
Belfy and Lil'bit (This was dubbed and shown on TV as "The Lil'bits" back in the early 90s by Saban. Check out the original Japanese version for the first time!)

Time Bokan and Temple the Balloonist did not go up on the 9th; Anime Sols' new Magical Emi figure pre-order deal has apparently caused these plans to be delayed according to a tweet on their account.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
Sols updates: Wonder 3 and Kerokko Demetan are now up. You only have 15 days left to get your Emi figure. And Dororo is now only $600 away from reaching its goal.

Also, as @winsher noted, Under the Dog is 5 days or left away from its Kickstarter ending. It actually got pretty far, and only needs $200,000 to reach its goal.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
Ankama just sent an awesome message to their Kickstarter backers: Wakfu is going on Netflix starting the 14th! Just season 1 dub so far. But hey, we'll be able to check out the dub earlier than expected (if it's "meh", those blu-rays will always have sub!) After Netflix goes to other parts of Europe later this month, it will be available there too.

They made it clear that getting the series on Netflix or Hulu or the like was one of their goals (the Blu-ray is obviously what the backers came for but...) and it's nice to see that they've achieved just that! Hopefully the series can increase in popularity now! For anyone who missed the Kickstarter, now you can check it out too (and hopefully the series will get another future release too, but Ankama said it wouldn't be a DVD or Blu-Ray set made by them and it's sure to have less bells and whistles)
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
The Magical Emi figure pre-order ended at Anime Sols. I think about six people pre-ordered the nice albeit expensive figure.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Woodhead just e-mailed BGC Kickstarter supporters with a suggested early November date for the Blu-Rays.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition has had shipping pushed back to November due to the QC process taking longer. To compensate, both Basic and Premium will be getting packaging upgrades at AnimEigo's expense.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:14 am Reply with quote
Temple Balloon + Time Bokan are now up at Anime Sols.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
Did y'all see the recent update for Time of EVE? Sets shipping to US backers will be out by the 15th! I'll be filling my cup with like five espresso shots and watching the English dub of the movie very soon.
lem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
^yep, and I'm pretty excited about it finally arriving! Very Happy

...along with Bubblegum Crisis!

Still patiently awaiting Bee and Puppy Cat, a whole bunch of AnimeSols goodness, LWA, and of course my favorite... "The Crater" aka the saddest little Kickstarter that ever was Shocked

Kickstarter wrote:
Dear Backers,

Reel Pictures had some delays with their printer (for the Obi card and Bonus Book), but they now have 100% of the items on hand and are pulling out all the stops for package assembly and fulfillment.

We expect to get all of the US shipments out the door (via USPS) on Monday, September 15th.

We are still aiming to ship to international backers by September 24th.

Here are snapshots of the package assembly:

Obi card and slipcover
We had a slip-up with the Obi card design, and it came back from the printer too tall. Reel Pictures is trimming the Obi card down to match the original size (image below).
Outside of package - Obi card is too tall, and is being trimmed!

Obi card is being trimmed to match this size:
Obi card final size

Digipak + Bonus Book placement
Here's how the digipak and Bonus Book fit in the slipcover.
Digipak + Bonus Book in slipcover

Special Thanks Inserts
The Special Thanks inserts are being placed inside the Digipak.

Special Thanks inserts

Postcards
We opted NOT to shrink-wrap the envelope with the Blu-ray, to avoid bending the envelope corners. The envelope will NOT be sealed.
Envelope w/ postcards placed on top of Blu-ray, but not shrink-wrapped

Envelope with postcards

Shipping in a box!
Many of you have expressed concerns about Jiffy bubble mailers. We fully agree! We've decided to send all of the packages in boxes, similar to the sample below. Reel Pictures will put together the final package to make sure the envelope and Blu-ray corners don't get damaged during shipping.
Sample of box for shipping

We are so very close to the end of this Blu-ray journey! We will send another update to confirm the shipment of the Blu-ray packages.

Thank you, as always, for your support and patience!

Time of EVE^^
F-Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Temple Balloon + Time Bokan are now up at Anime Sols.

I'm awestruck by how good Temple the Balloonist is. Especially episodes 2 and 3. And the show's music is lovely (apparently the same guy who did the music for Toei's Jetter Mars, so I'm not one bit surprised).

I finally found something other than the Tezuka shows that I love on Anime Sols.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
@lem EVE set looks gorgeous. So glad they kept the designer on it. OVA (or whatever they are calling it) will look nice next to it, multi-jackets and all.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Anime Sols has posted the three-episode sample of Belfy and Lillabit with the usual $2700 goal for releasing up to episode 13.
Adamanto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Again, I really wish Anime Sols would've taken pledges for individual episodes (for 300$ each or so) rather than huge bulks for 2700$.

2700 is a lot of money, and people are much less likely to make pledges if they assume the show won't have a chance of reaching its goal any time soon, if ever.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
Adamanto: Dororo's probably the only Tezuka show which has a chance, unless they bring over the Japanese edition of the 2003 Astro Boy.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
The second and final Dororo streaming drive has begun at Anime Sols; another $2700 the release the last 13 episodes of the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 30