• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2 versions of the Smash Bros. for 3DS Demo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
As announced on the Nintendo Treehouse, there are 2 versions of the Smash Bros. for 3DS demo.

Version 1 will be released in the eShop on September 19th, has 5 characters and 1 stage, and limited uses.

Version 2 is available now, but requires a code. The codes are being given out, at random, to Club Nintendo Platinum members. It's not known if every Platinum member will eventually get one, but everyone who does get them gets 4 codes, to share with others. It seems it's going to be the same demo, but with unlimited uses.

I really want the CN version, but I'm not at Platinum... and I can't even log in right now to get more coins, since their servers are so slammed.
RedemptionRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
As announced on the Nintendo Treehouse, there are 2 versions of the Smash Bros. for 3DS demo.

Version 1 will be released in the eShop on September 19th, has 5 characters and 1 stage, and limited uses.

Version 2 is available now, but requires a code. The codes are being given out, at random, to Club Nintendo Platinum members. It's not known if every Platinum member will eventually get one, but everyone who does get them gets 4 codes, to share with others. It seems it's going to be the same demo, but with unlimited uses.

I really want the CN version, but I'm not at Platinum... and I can't even log in right now to get more coins, since their servers are so slammed.

Unfortunately it wouldn't even matter. You had to be platinum before the giveaway started :/

Now I am just waiting for a kind soul to give me on of their codes Smile
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
Apparently, it wasn't even being at Platinum before it started. It was being at Platinum last year, the cycle that ended in July.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1