• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Momo Kyun Sword (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SABUROU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry Wink
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Well... I'm not even sure if you can class this as fanservice compared to other anime's out there. There was so spoiler[little of it, apart from showing Momoko's breasts any chance they got]. The spoiler[plot] sits firmly upon her chest...

I quite liked the bratty-ness of Onihime for some strange reason. Her and Momoko spoiler[have a rivalry going on] but I can't say it adds anything significant to the spoiler[weekly 'find a peach fragment] story.' I did enjoy the part with Momoko spoiler[turning into a female Wolverine, with retractable claws.]

The OP was okay but if they were after a fan-service ED, I think they could have done much better. Take some of SoniAni's ED's for example.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

There is a number of fanservice parts with clothes distraction, or in general lack of clothes, but this really seems to clash with just how lack of intelligence this show is that it does not sound right for the mature content. I can only think that this show is designed for teenage boys who want some skimpy outfits, and are not turned away by the plot that feels like it was designed for children.

Only thing I can praise with the episode was some good timing with them spoiler[throwing up over the food tasting bad], and that villains look a little more interesting. Onihime seems much more interesting than Momoko, and her name pretty much means "ogre princess", although she reminds a little too much of Fino Bloodstone, and not in a good way, but that I have already seen a better character before.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
ep.2

spoiler[meet main members of demon faction give have 4 pieces of shard yet want it get a great wish yet wonder to do with momoko so then blue-blonde go human world but got blackmail by onihime the demon boss daughter to bring along.

meanwhile momoko practice another fusion move still on works then maiden squad appear give mention shard in the area so visit the city place give momoko going awe in the city then want dumplings til bump with hidden onihime.

so have buns eating contest for dumplings reach 200 all tied yet end in draw pull away so after that find area got shard yet fire in the city but wait it an illusion.

so momoko, 3 animals, & maiden squad go in find demon are here that blue-blonde make illusion by smoking & oh onihime here too cue pointing you again between momoko and onihime yet it's on.

give momoko on the ropes til monkey give focus try fusion mode then head maiden's sidekick appear who have liking being tied & sacrifices appear give the 2 special dumpling from maiden's boss give bad taste it work cue momoko going blonde, faster, & have wolverine claws to beat onihime.

but demon clan get shard to retreat yet same time both momoko & onihime eating buns for this is not over yet between them. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Probably the best episode yet, I think it could really have a footing with the proper dirty jokes. Examples like when the dominatrix spoiler[brought something out with a distinct vibration sound], and when the girls were accusing the spoiler[magic guy of BL relationship talking about bottoms].
KLAC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote
ep.3

spoiler[momoko, 3 animals, & maiden squad on mountain get next fragment while say hello to abeno who came from the court to help them yet onihime go human world again bring in whip-enki along for hunt on fragment.

give mountain have trap from hole, spikes, snakes, etc give maiden squad having some argue with each other yea even onihime & enki got traps attack yea include the BOULDER treatment which momoko feel sorry for the trap release.

night time yet maiden squads issues yet green complain on blue-yellow for bad guessing yet run away then got catch by onihime & enki for trade demand fragment for blue-yellow.

so momoko & pals got fragment yet maidens take it & go leave blue-yellow behind but it all big act so rescue & keep the fragment so cue oni mooks fight.

chase is on momoko go combine with bird for into flying arrow mode cue "you have failed this city" barriage attack get fragment back yet same time enki save onihime give more this is not over yet & revenge is coming.

so maiden squad all together get shard back to heaven, onihime & enki give lost the fragment but got each loyalty, & yet abeno is really working "3rd faction" for wanting the fragments. ]
KLAC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:18 am Reply with quote
ep.4

spoiler[momoko & her animals arrive in beach with abeno & sidekick give reason maiden squad with head maiden well time have fun & relax time in beach give also onihime & company arrive so ceasefire truce relax in beach.

give everyone in swim beach relax time even the bird had power go human form mode yet "men being men" when it come to beach all fun & relax.

momoko & onihime had alone talk give home area where onihime live area hot warm volcano give her & enki only females there yet inspire by her father demon king.

while momoko give had no mom & dad due born in peach but got her grandparents & 3 animals as her family.

yea beach time is ok til giant squid appear grab almost all female in it wrappings yet it had fragment inside so give momoko had fit in swimwear so take onihime then fusion with dog to spear blast squid.

got fragment yet any piece of it can power-up anything beach over yet onihime got sunburn & sacrifice maiden is swim area full of sharks? ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

As soon as I saw the spoiler[fishing floats I knew what was next, it was tentacles]. Yeah, it went there. A fan centred episode of a series that is mostly fanservice anyway.
KLAC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[momo & her animals are having fog problems cause by yoki got fragment to bring back demon base give yet his fog have effect make momo & her animals break their friendship bond.

give onihime don't like yoki's plan during which momo & her animals having probs to point "fortune teller" give them bad news yet another yoki's trick yet more agrue momo & her animals go different routes with maiden squad bit worried.

then momo go cliff then fall give rains came in cue flashback her child years give her animals found her in rains mention being sorry for a mistake.

also which 3 animals had flashback to save giant peach which lead-up momoko's grandparents recall it 3 animals patch-up now join back with momoko.

give momoko got demon attack lead by yoki then animals arrive then maiden squad clear the fog cue combine momoko & monkey go cue wolverine mode on attack on bub-yoki.

all well give onihime warn yoki don't overlook momoko & yet momoko and her animals patch-up indeed on the journey to find the fragments. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Seeing Onihime spoiler[freak out about the ring] made it pretty obvious that we would spoiler[find out that they are sisters] a nice spoiler[twist] regardless.

What about the actions of the characters in this show, Momoka just finds out that spoiler[she is partially an Oni, and her friends still tell her not to trust her sister because she is an Oni]. Talk about mixed messages, or really lucky that she is so agreeable.

edit:
Just thought I might also bring up that the ED to this show has totally been a guilty pleasure of mine. I have had a habit lately of skipping many ED songs, but for whatever reason I usually watch this one, it is damn catchy too. Kyun kyun.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Nothing says final boss battle like a spoiler[mega fusion transformation in the skimpiest outfit yet]. This series has grown onto me a bit, low expectations has worked okay. I kept waiting for Onihime to jump in so they can be friends, they spoiler[are sisters after all].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (Final)

And it is done, good thing I could finish this, helps show my ratings as not being just high. I rate Momo Kyun Sword as, Not really good. Sure it was not a total waste of time, but this show was bad, from the characters, dialogue, story, action, etc. It is bad, but as I said in my first post, it is kind of so bad it is good.

Damn catchy ED song though. And I kind of liked Onihime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2