• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - June 9 - 15

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Lupin III is still going past episode 26 on G4TechTV Canada. They licensed 52 episodes of the series.

Also, Bleach actually is in reruns on YTV now, sadly. This, of course, makes absolutely no sense.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ergo Proxy may not achieve the brilliance of Studio Manglobe's inaugural TV outing, Samurai Champloo, but it's a well-executed and stylish show in its own right.

i don't see how these two series can even remotely be compared to each other. they are entirely different in their style and concept.
Mini-Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
For those who have the luck or time to watch Remi, don't miss it! !
Blanko4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And if it isn't, well. Punch your TV or something.

Done.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ragebot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
Just to clarify, GitS: Solid State Society is a completely original piece of work. The Laughing Man compilation movie has not yet been released in North America.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ningensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
No! Why is there no more Prince of Tennis on Toonami? That makes me a sad panda. Crying or Very sad

Seriously though, I always looked forward to watching it after Naruto and One Piece (which I watch for a few laughs). Does anyone know why they pulled it? I guess the ratings weren't high enough or something. So what's being played in their place? Or I just missed it in the column. Embarassed
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quote
Uhh...yeah, the blurb about Solid State Society is COMPLETELY and totally wrong about it.

Solid State Society is a 100% original movie sequel/addition to the Stand Alone Complex franchise. It takes place after 2nd GIG and is completely and totally new.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quote
Ningensei wrote:
No! Why is there no more Prince of Tennis on Toonami? That makes me a sad panda. Crying or Very sad

Seriously though, I always looked forward to watching it after Naruto and One Piece (which I watch for a few laughs). Does anyone know why they pulled it? I guess the ratings weren't high enough or something. So what's being played in their place? Or I just missed it in the column. Embarassed

I've not heard any official reason for PoT and MAR getting pulled (and it isn't like Toonami usually gives out reasons to begin with). Also Zatch Bell is missing in action, as well. What is known at the moment is that The Fantastic Four cartoon is returning; we're getting the Teen Titan Tokyo movie again this week; Naruto looks to be in repeats for a couple of weeks; and One Piece and Bobobo-bo are still airing new shows.

Now, Bobobo-bo is almost to the end of its run and Zatch Bell, if it ever returns, is also toward the end of its first run episodes as well. So it's possible a slot may open up for PoT and/or MAR in the Fall. Then again, the shows may be gone for good. No one has a clue and Toonami (and CN in general) has such random programming changes that we may not know if these shows are back until they actually air. So my take on this is just to wait and see and hope one or both shows return (I actually prefer MAR to PoT but either would be better than Fantastic Four, IMO).
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:51 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
Uhh...yeah, the blurb about Solid State Society is COMPLETELY and totally wrong about it.

Solid State Society is a 100% original movie sequel/addition to the Stand Alone Complex franchise. It takes place after 2nd GIG and is completely and totally new.

One of these days, I'll learn how to stop being wrong all the time. In my defense, though, I require complex ideas such as "this is not a compilation feature - it is an original film" to be spelled out using large pieces of paper, each printed with a different letter that is colored with a different type of crayon. Unfortunately, there were insufficient amounts of crayons and pieces of paper to meet this week's deadline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quote
GRR! Toonami fails again! The only saving grace is that I can watch MAR and POT on the jetstream so there! Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's like Law & Order, but with more robots, and less trials. In fact, it's not like Law & Order at all.

So it's like Law & Order: Criminal Intent, but with more robots. Rolling Eyes
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:12 am Reply with quote
Aw, I was just reading about Remi and getting interested... now it's on TV where I can't access it. Darn it.

Pepperidge wrote:
Also, Bleach actually is in reruns on YTV now, sadly. This, of course, makes absolutely no sense.

It's YTV. I'm just glad that they're not pulling it to put on something like... oh, I don't know. Monster Warriors. Bleach still has fans. Not bitter about anything, of course. *cough*Detective Conan*cough*
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least they got E7 going again, since that was the one most people were worried about NOT returning.

Treetastic wrote:
It's YTV. I'm just glad that they're not pulling it to put on something like... oh, I don't know. Monster Warriors. Bleach still has fans. Not bitter about anything, of course. *cough*Detective Conan*cough*

In all fairness, I honestly suspect that YTV only ran Detective Conan as a condition for licensing Fullmetal Alchemist. The 26 episodes they acquired were only considered a "test run". Although it was still awfully malicious of them to try and use the big CanCon Purge of '06 as an excuse to can it. I'm personally hoping that it will be back on the Anime Channel when Corus launches it.

Although if that is the case, I really have to wonder why they couldn't have made test running Fruits Basket a condition for airing Fullmetal Alchemist.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Plus FUSE aired Hellsing DVD commercials. Oh the tease!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3