• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Devil Survivor 2: Break Record 3DS Game Slated For January 29 in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Having played both DS1 and 2, I should probably get around to Overclocked before this comes out.
deidara517

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
but break record is like overclocked was for 1 right? or is this a sequel to devil survivor 2 meaning i need to play the ds version first then play this to follow the story?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm questioning the use of the word "sequel". I've seen nothing that has indicated that it's anything but an enhanced port/remake of Devil Survivor 2, the same as Overclocked was to Devil Survivor.

With Overclocked, they added the voice acting, and the 8th Day, with some other tweaks along the way (such as new Demons).

We know that there is a new character (who may or may not be playable) in spoiler[Yamato's sister], and, just from the trailer and the structure of the story, the changes are likely to be during the main game, rather than additions to the end.
yappers4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
deidara517 wrote:
but break record is like overclocked was for 1 right? or is this a sequel to devil survivor 2 meaning i need to play the ds version first then play this to follow the story?

This isn't a sequel, but rather an enhancement with added voices, CG clips, new music, and what happens after the main game that is the length of an rpg.
Manwards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
So, this is what Persona 4 Golden was to the vanilla P4? Makes sense to me.
Tallis Latif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Aw, I was really excited while reading the title. It was then I got to the part that said, "in Japan." Dang, the game won't come out till months after January for us?

I enjoy the gameplay of Devil Survivor more than Persona for the complexity of fusion and combat. I look forward to the new skills and bosses of this game.

Also, spoiler[how are they going to get an extra day for each scenario anyway? At the end of them all, it's practically a complete new world, or -is- a new world. Ah, how exciting. ]
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Tallis Latif wrote:
Aw, I was really excited while reading the title. It was then I got to the part that said, "in Japan." Dang, the game won't come out till months after January for us?

Maybe, but the US and Japanese releases of "Overclocked" were pretty close to each other, and Atlus USA already teased a localization back in December, so hopefully it won't be a long wait at all.
NeonZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Tallis Latif wrote:

I enjoy the gameplay of Devil Survivor more than Persona for the complexity of fusion and combat. I look forward to the new skills and bosses of this game.

Also, spoiler[how are they going to get an extra day for each scenario anyway? At the end of them all, it's practically a complete new world, or -is- a new world. Ah, how exciting. ]

Well, if things haven't changed from the original announcement before the game disappeared for months, the new scenario isn't like in Overclocked. It's not one one extra day for various endings, but a single post ending campaign that takes place after the Restorer ending. It's supposedly as big as a standalone game too. So, story-wise, it's pretty much a sequel to the original Devil Survivor 2, although the in-game assets are mostly reused.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1