• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Creator Isayama: Manga to End in About 3 Years

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Well it's good to know they won't be dragging the story too much. 3 years huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
As long as he ends it when he wants to end it.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
The Official manga ends in 3 years, then he will go on to side stories, prequels, and what ifs.
Keep on cashing in while you can.
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
not really surprised; reading the manga didn't give off a feeling that the author would be one to drag it on and on forever Neutral

FenixFiesta wrote:
The Official manga ends in 3 years, then he will go on to side stories, prequels, and what ifs.
Keep on cashing in while you can.

Aren't there enough side stories and prequels already? Confused

Last edited by Darstorm-Sandude on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
I can't help but doubt the accuracy of this. I mean, wasn't Naruto supposed to finish ages ago?
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
Good.

So Isayama must be confident he has the skills to make another successful manga, that is always good.

Kubo and Kishimoto must learn from Isayama, naruto and bleach should have ended years ago, but they probably know they lack the talent to make another hit manga, even more in the case of Kubo, so most likely they want to milk the series for as much as possible regardless of the decline in quality the series have suffered long ago.

Anyway good for Isayama, this is a kind of series that cannot go on for long, thou it could go for more than 3 years without problem as I see it, but good that he knows that and will likely end the series in a high note, hopefully he keep his word on it.

If it will end in 36+ chapter, time to start revealing some of the secrets the Titans and the world, so far we know absolutely nothing, well, too little, almost nothing, let time do to that Isayama, you dont want to rush all the secrets at the very end right?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I can't help but doubt the accuracy of this. I mean, wasn't Naruto supposed to finish ages ago?

While I don't know if Kishi had said in interviews if he planned it to end it years earlier, I think there have been enough story twists/holes that his series should've ended years ago.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

I'm pretty sure Hiro Mashima said Fairy Tail was meant to be 10 or less volumes & now it's over 40 so yeah, what someone says and what they do can vary wildly.
abyss123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

I'm pretty sure Hiro Mashima said Fairy Tail was meant to be 10 or less volumes & now it's over 40 so yeah, what someone says and what they do can vary wildly.

Well, the difference between those series and attack on titan is that, those series isn't focus on mysteries. one piece naruto and other series like that can go on forever because the mangaka can just make more story to them.

Isayama already stated that he's done with foreshadowing. And now he's planning on steering the series, and solving all the mysteries. I think Isayama knows that people are getting annoyed because they are not getting any answers, which is the main focus on this series.
1thought

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
Usually a manga creator saying so many volumes is they are hoping it will make to that many volumes, they have ideas for that many volumes initially etc... or they had ideas for that much but they really like what they created and now they have new ideas or want to make it longer because they have a series which will allow them to explore the possibility of the story more. Just because you have the ideas doesn't mean you have the series to do it with.
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote
Let's just hope the executives don't try to "fix" this. Manga-ka need more freedom over when their series should end. If I had a series of my own, I would want to end it while it's still good rather than wiat and just run it into the ground. Don't get me wrong, I like AOT but all good things must come to an end eventually. Naruto is my favorite currently running Shonen series but honestly I wish that it would've ended a few years ago during the spoiler[Pain] arc. Maybe even a little earlier would've been fine too. I'm not actually caught up with Naruto or AOT right now though because I can't afford to buy manga regularly anymore. Being broke means you have to cut out some of your hobbies and although I still read manga, I just don't buy it all the time like I used to when I was younger.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:16 am Reply with quote
I hope he doesn't stray off from his path like other Shounen's Magazine.
The_way67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
HAHA. So long as it keeps making money...that whore will be used foreverrrrrrrrr
Running Wild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:54 am Reply with quote
I just hope Levi dies a gruesome death.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
Mark my words; basement will be opened in 2016 and manga will end in 2022 after Eren redefines reality and wins a war against the true enemies of mankind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2