• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Swimsuit Idols That You Can Date and Marry

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
They do look bit older than average teenager "Idol", I think its unfair they're forced to be like this. Without knowing who they are individually, I think their about retire from Idol status. Can't be a "teenage" look girl forever.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
And if it is somehow illegal, then it is also illegal for Hollywood, the TV industry, the sports industry, and for commercial sponsors to have such clauses also.

"In order to be thought of as a real, true role model, I believe you have to know a person and their actions, inside and out. Calling a celebrity a role model is like calling a stranger a role model. The knowledge you have of a celebrity is no more than a caricature drawn by media tastemakers specializing in selling you an image you’re dying to buy" Jeanette McCurdy

Just standard media marketing. Every country does it, really.

-Stuart Smith
grouwl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
why would you like to marry "them"? they look and probably act as any other japanese girl all over Japan, wake up people!!! if you like japanese girls (any) just go to freaking Japan or your nearest community college and...mind blow here...."ask one out for coffee or dinner" worst thing she could say is she has a boyfriend or not interested, which in turn, make you politely thank her and move along with the next girl that look exactly the same.
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
grouwl wrote:
why would you like to marry "them"? they look and probably act as any other japanese girl all over Japan, wake up people!!! if you like japanese girls (any) just go to freaking Japan or your nearest community college and...mind blow here...."ask one out for coffee or dinner" worst thing she could say is she has a boyfriend or not interested, which in turn, make you politely thank her and move along with the next girl that look exactly the same.
Going about it that way is a little too forward and arguably shallow to some people. Usually best to get to know the person a little before asking them out for a date.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
TheFullmetalOne wrote:
Going about it that way is a little too forward and arguably shallow to some people. Usually best to get to know the person a little before asking them out for a date.
Well if this is to be believed to be the case, that's not necessary. Just walk up to any Japanese girl and ask her to marry you! simples! Hardest job is figuring out she actually is Japanese, seeing as "they're all the same" Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
I certainly see why they are called Happening Girls. After checking out Manaka in her saucy little black bikini, there was certainly something "happening" in muh pants...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4