• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses A Certain Magical Index, Trinity Seven, Chaika - The Coffin Princess, Priso

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
All right, now I can finally buy Emma without having to worry about book hunting! And even though it's on the complete opposite of the manga spectrum Prison School getting licensed is pretty exciting too. The mangaka was already popular for his comedy manga in Japan and the detailed art combined with his humor is a killer combination. I wonder if it could encourage a reprint of Me & the Devil Blues for everyone that missed it.
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Broly The Saiyan wrote:
definetly going to get trinity seven, chaika, and dungeon hope it has manga for them also for english speakers.

Yen Press also recently licensed the light novels for Dungeon and maybe Chaika too, if I recall correctly.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Now if they could just publish the Emma Victorian Guide, that would be super sweet! I have the guide in Chinese, but with so many specific terms it would be much easier to read if it was in English. ^^;
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I love Kaoru Mori and I've had this series on my list for a long time, but thought that I'd never get a chance. I'm a total goddamned sucker for the Victorian era and I imagine that cheerful dork Kaoru Mori is just the person to indulge that suckerdom.

Emma is so beautiful and detailed, it's obvious that Kaoru Mori loves everything Victorian/Edwardian. You're in for a treat.

I've already read Emma, but I'm so excited it's getting a proper rerelease. It's better than watching Downton Abbey!
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote
After looking around and reading some comments on Emma, I think I'm on board with this one.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:55 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
After looking around and reading some comments on Emma, I think I'm on board with this one.

I'm with you, it never hit my radar until reading the comments from this article.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hawxxeye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
This would had been good news if I did not knew how slow Yen Press is at translating.

They seem to translate novels slower than the authors write them
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:54 am Reply with quote
So, by "2-in-1 omnibus" for Emma, they mean two of the original volumes per new volume, right? So that would be a five volume series... I hope they don't cost an arm and a leg. Mori's art is worth it though... I really need to buy the Bride's Story hard covers too...
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
^Yep, 2-in-1 is 2 volumes bound together. It'll be a bit more money than some omnibus editions, as it's a hard cover release. But, I can't see it being bank breaking.

Of course, I've no idea how much you'd be willing to pay for an omnibus release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3