• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Bayonetta 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:04 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I actually do wish that they kept item use as a score deduction in.

(I mean... the game already gives you so much health from pickups alone... but then, I haven't tried the invincibility item, which can be used to get around the damage requirement for ranks, and am not sure if it impacts your score or not)

I also wish that they kept magic deduction from being hit in, especially now that magic is much more useful.

(but then it's not like most fighting games deduct meter from you for getting hit, so I dunno)

That being said, at its core, trying to play perfectly hasn't changed... the game is actually still pretty difficult in that regard since I'll still get hit by stuff even though I don't necessarily die.

Though, Infinite Climax does feel harder in this game even though they give you witch time now. The bosses are pretty crazy in this one and I'm not sure how people will do the hidden boss or the final hidden chapter without using the spam stuff like I did.

(it'll probably make for a great video once someone finally figures out how)

But yeah: Bayonetta 2 is a much more focused/lean game. Less screwing around (though arguably this leads to less variety, but I'm not sure I wanna do the harrier and bike stuff ever again), more emphasis on playing the actual battle system (which feels a lot smoother now... and it was pretty smooth to begin with).

People complain about the last boss not being as good as the previous one, but I'll actually play it over and over again... it's not as "hype" as the first one, but I stopped watching the cut scenes and stuff by the time I got to my second playthrough.

fuuma_monou wrote:
so I can now catch up on the last generation of video games.

They still release the latest games on last generation consoles and keep bringing stuff from the last generation back >_>

I honestly don't know why I got a PS4 when I could have just played The Evil Within on my PS3.

There is no rush to go current...

(and, to some extent, I mostly felt that I should have went PC)

That said, ready to get an XBONE as soon as Scalebound comes out...

(I do hope there will be a new model by then since I'm hearing weird stories about the current model and I'm paranoid since I've gotten red ringed last generation)
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
Man if I had to say one flawed thing about this game is that compared to the last boss of Bayo1 (and heck, several of the bosses in Bayo2!), this game's final boss feels significantly scaled down in terms of pure scope and craziness.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm only an hour in the game, but so far Bayonetta 2 is awesome. I consider the first Bayonetta one of the greatest action games of all time and based on what I've played so far, Bayonetta 2 could take the title. The review is spot-on. The just feels great to play, everything just controls so smooth and responsive. Also, I think the art direction, especially the color palette, is much better than in the first game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2