• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2015 K Anime Sequel Confirmed as 'New Season'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
KYAAAAA MORE BISHOUNEN!! Twisted Evil
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow. Well atleast now there won't be tons of movies.
meggu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
It was either that or a new film, if going by the ending to Missing Kings.

I'm really excited for what's to come with K.

For me, the new characters and developments within Missing Kings inject new life and gravity into a story that I refused to take seriously after so many episodes in season 1, and I only felt compelled to follow because my inner 5 year old really likes pretty colors and my inner 16 year old is shamelessly attracted to shows starring beautiful guys who have beautiful relationships with other beautiful guys and do beautiful things together. baity shows like that are my fave.

I'll stop right here before I unintentionally spoil something, but all in all I'm looking forward to this.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
K S1 is huge disappointment. Aside from the stellar artwork and animation, there's nothing worth noting. But I don't plan to give a premature injection on this 2015 sequel. Good luck to the makers!
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Question for those who have seen the movie:

I heard people mentioned about something with the ending of the movie being inconclusive/cliffhangerish(?) Is it at a point where this new season would influence the outcome of that? I might have to consider finally finding some time to watch the movie then if that's the case....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meggu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

I heard people mentioned about something with the ending of the movie being inconclusive/cliffhangerish(?) Is it at a point where this new season would influence the outcome of that? I might have to consider finally finding some time to watch the movie then if that's the case....

spoiler[that is correct, yes.]
yappers4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Is there any news or listing of K: Missing Kings being released in English?

Also, I really wish that Viz would localize the mangas and light novels. It feels like I am missing out on a lot and may have to resort to scanlations to fill in the gaps, which I'd rather not do.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Good stuff. Can't wait for more of that gorgeous art and animation and that beautiful soundtrack.

I'll have to rewatch it dubbed before it comes out so I can remember all that's going on.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

spoiler[Uh, totally a cliffhanger. The movie is quite good but no way could they have left it at that. The movie ending basically screams out for another movie/another series to finish it, so yeah, before you see the new season you really ought to see the movie. Very Happy ]
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I was always sad that, despite what I loved and felt K did well in season 1, that some of the Kings were never shown or their influence--if any--over the world wasn't either, so this announcement makes me very happy indeed. Very Happy

Already own season 1. Bring it on, Viz. Then shut up and take the rest of my money.
mickstack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Hmm maybe I should give this a shot. Hulu is advertising it pretty hard but I haven't really thought about watching it.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
mickstack wrote:
Hmm maybe I should give this a shot. Hulu is advertising it pretty hard but I haven't really thought about watching it.

It's not for everyone and it certainly isn't perfect, but if you try 3 episodes and enjoy yourself I'd say why not?
Suena

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
ohmygawsh yes please! More shameless junk food animoo!

There were so many potential storylines teased with the movie that didn't go anywhere, and I'd love to see them picked back up.

[And someone mentioned the manga: yes, I'd love to see at least one or two in English!]
Eira

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
Also, I really wish that Viz would localize the mangas and light novels. It feels like I am missing out on a lot and may have to resort to scanlations to fill in the gaps, which I'd rather not do.

Same here. The non-anime material really adds a lot of depth to the story.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear that the sequel is a new season. Definitely looking forward to this!
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:04 am Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
Is there any news or listing of K: Missing Kings being released in English?

At the moment, Japan doesn't have a release date for the Blu-ray and DVD home releases. So we'll have to wait a bit longer before Viz announces their releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2