• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man for Arrested Uploading Yo-kai Watch via Perfect Dark

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
At least he was employed when some of the other cases of such arrests have been done to unemployed people.
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Have fun in prison. Oh wait you can't watch anime or read manga in there. Well to bad then. Of course, They may have anime characters printed on uniforms in there. So you could pretend like you're in a anime just like how you pretended that you'll never get caught. Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
MisterLuck wrote:
Have fun in prison. Oh wait you can't watch anime or read manga in there. Well to bad then. Of course, They may have anime characters printed on uniforms in there. So you could pretend like you're in a anime just like how you pretended that you'll never get caught. Laughing

If they have a library there, they have manga there.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote
After reading this article, nothing to see here folks, it just like other story I read from ANN when it comes to illegally uploading anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Allegedly used software that promised better anonymity than Share

MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Can we just think about this for a second? Does illegally downloading something really equal the sentence of being sent to the same place where they house killers, rapists, and ACTUAL thieves that have robbed places?

This guy uploaded a COPY of something. He wasn't even selling it for his own profit. I don't know what the laws are over there in Japan, but anyone can clearly see that this is bullshit.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
Can we just think about this for a second? Does illegally downloading something really equal the sentence of being sent to the same place where they house killers, rapists, and ACTUAL thieves that have robbed places?

This guy uploaded a COPY of something. He wasn't even selling it for his own profit. I don't know what the laws are over there in Japan, but anyone can clearly see that this is bullshit.

That's what really mess up about Japanese law enforcement. They make one low-level crime a big priority over a serious one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Japan rarely has "serious" crimes that needs to be dealt with.
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
mdo7, in this thread you criticize Japanese police for not being more active when it comes to distributing fake goods and in this thread you're criticizing them for being too active when it comes to illegal distribution of piracy? Which method would make you happier? I am confused.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
Japan rarely has "serious" crimes that needs to be dealt with.

Yeah, well tell that to Osaka Police when they decided to cover up more then 81,000 crimes.

gloverrandal wrote:
mdo7, in this thread you criticize Japanese police for not being more active when it comes to distributing fake goods and in this thread you're criticizing them for being too active when it comes to illegal distribution of piracy? Which method would make you happier? I am confused.

Both are a huge concern, because when it comes to piracy, I question Japan's view on piracy claim (because I seen evidence that piracy does not really harm the market). Also Japan has a lot of other issues from what I read and hear from expats/foreigners and experts in that field.

The problem is they treat piracy like a first-degree murder and terrorism, and sometime they treat high risk crime like murder not seriously and also I was a bit disturbed when I read about this and this particular one, and there's no law or regulation to protect child idols in Japan. Also I've already mention about how Osaka police cover up 81,000 crimes. What does that tell you??
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Is it a monthly ritual ann?
Do ya get yer jollies from posting anti piracy crap?
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:

Piracy is pretty much what gets me into most series. Hell, I eventually buy them legitimately afterwards most of the time. People that seriously think piracy "hurts sales" seriously needs to look over the facts.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
kanechin wrote:

Piracy is pretty much what gets me into most series. Hell, I eventually buy them legitimately afterwards most of the time. People that seriously think piracy "hurts sales" seriously needs to look over the facts.

Yep true, and I've seen evidence that piracy doesn't really hurt any market at all, they can be annoying but studies has shown that piracy doesn't really hurt the market, not anime or Japan but another entertainment sector.
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:

^

kanechin wrote:

It's likely that they post this crap to stay in favour with their advertising partners and/or sponsors.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
MisterLuck wrote:

If convicted, most likely a suspended sentence.
But he'll have a criminal record.

MetalUpa1014 wrote:

In Japan, this is a criminal case, instead of a civil case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2