• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Over the Moon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I missed this link before, but I think the ANNCast and other posts referred to the linked-to blog entry, so I thought I'd include the link in a post.

Neon Alley blog (November 10, 2014),
An inside look at the new Sailor Moon Blu-Ray releases!:
http://blog.neonalley.com/an-inside-look-at-the-new-sailor-moon-blu-ray-releases/
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Kosaka wrote:
Neon Alley blog (November 10, 2014),
An inside look at the new Sailor Moon Blu-Ray releases!:
http://blog.neonalley.com/an-inside-look-at-the-new-sailor-moon-blu-ray-releases/

From the blog;
Quote:
To create the Sailor Moon Blu-rays, we used the masters used to create the 2009 Japanese DVD sets. To make the footage for Blu-ray, a proprietary process was used consisting of clean format conversion, inverse telecine to return the source to its native framerate, correction of inherent alieasing issues and the sharpest SD to HD conversion possible. After this, Pillarboxing was added to maintain the 4:3 original aspect ratio of the footage and then it was processed to a high bitrate mezzainine encode for Blu-ray production. After these correct combinations were worked out, the final product was processed.

Well, looking at the end product, is there any point above they didn't fail at?...

And as for the screenshots shown in the blog article, no, those screenshots aren't from the Japanese DVD release. If they were, for a clear example, the roof tiles would be visible, instead of smeared out...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8