• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cosplayers on Ice (Atlanta, GA: Sun 12/7, 3pm)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MomoConLiason

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
Who: Open to all
What: Ice Skating & Photoshoot
When: Sunday, Dec. 7th, 3pm-6pm
Where: Centennial Park Ice Rink
Costs: Photoshoot, free. The park charges a rink fee and a small skate rental fee, if you wish to skate.
Facebook Event Link

**Special request: Do you have a kid-recognizable costume? Superheroes, princesses, etc.? Wear it out to the event! There are lots of small kids out that get a great kick out of the costumes, and it makes the experience just fantastic for them! Help make a kid's day, and we'll be giving spot prizes of swag, MomoCon memberships, and more!**

MomoCon will be invading Centennial Park for an eighth year of fun on-and-off the ice! Door prizes will be given away, courtesy of MomoCon on Tour. A photographer will also be onsite to capture the days events. Cosplayers are asked to leave all weapon-props at home for this very-public event.

The photoshoot is free, but skating costs $12 (including skate rental). All costume types are welcome, and we will be taking many shots in and around the rink and the park. Toward the end of the shoot, all cosplayers are asked to gather at the steps under the large Christmas tree for a group shot!

Why is the shoot on a Sunday this year? In previous years, the SEC game was held at the Georgia Dome on the same day as Cosplayers on Ice. This caused terrible traffic and greatly increased parking rates. To avoid this problem, we are hosting Cosplayers on Ice on Sunday. The Falcons are losing to--- I mean, playing in Green Bay that day, so traffic should be minimal from sporting events.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1