• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Last: Naruto The Movie Trailer English-Subtitled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
Looks nice actually. The end of an era...

Shame I'll be waiting for the BDs but it's what fans want I guess for once more chance of Naruto until the anime series is done airing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
I find it funny that that kind of movies answers the questions of those who read the manga (thus, know the story), but spoils the story for those who only watch the anime (thus, are "behind").
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
All that's left is to wait for the home video releases followed by the dub.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
Good. Now the English speaking world can see how horrible it is.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
That's not cool. I don't like Naruto, I found it was over hyped but the fact that the long journey has come to a conclusion gives me a sense of satisfaction.

The film looks fun, shame it partially spoils the ending which the adaption hasn't reached yet. Anyone know or have an idea of when that will be?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
It's doing everything a finale shouldn't. A villain out of nowhere. Massive retcons. Low stakes. Side characters with an inordinate amount of focus. And not answering glaring questions from the series.
Davy0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
It's doing everything a finale shouldn't. A villain out of nowhere. Massive retcons. Low stakes. Side characters with an inordinate amount of focus. And not answering glaring questions from the series.

Lee is the main character, man. spoiler[He lost Neji, Gai is paraplegic, and he got Tenten as a wife (unconfirmed). He finally reaches his (or almost reaches) full potential in the movie by gaining at least two more gates.] Lee is the shadow protagonist, I always felt that he should have been focused on more than Naruto.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

The villain has a main connection with our final villain of the manga (who is truly the villain out of nowhere). What retcons? The moon crashing into the earth seems like pretty damn high stakes to me. The side characters deserve some focus after all the shit they took in the main series, but where in the heck are you seeing focus on them anyway? I'm seeing lots of Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Hina - oh, right. You and your hateboner for poor Hinata. And seeing as how the movie isn't even out yet, how can you say what it will or won't be answering? And it's not like the mini-series won't be answering things as well probably.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
All that's left is to wait for the home video releases followed by the dub.

Which will take forever.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not seeing the retcons here. It's not like Naruto has anyone else to hook up with. His crush on Sakura was always comic relief and he realized quite a while back she was never going to love him, so of course he's going to wind up with the only character that ever loved him romantically.

We don't even have to consider the exact events of the movie for this. The comic makes it pretty clear Hinata will wind up with nobody else but Naruto, especially during Chapters #614-615 and all of the cutaways to Hinata whenever Naruto did something great.
thedoctor_11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
there is a petition to show this movie in us theaters here is the link http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-the-last-naruto-the-movie-to-north-american
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1