• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, November 24-30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote
I think that around this time of year last year, the top 10 BDs didn't cross the 1,500 weekly. Now the top 2 have sold over 10,000 copies each. The BDs adaption rate is steadily increasing
the-antihero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe Fullmetal Alchemist isn't making any of the lists.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Gochiusa is the first CGDCT show since S2 of K-on! to reach a 10k average, it has been a long, long time.

Hameyadea wrote:
I think that around this time of year last year, the top 10 BDs didn't cross the 1,500 weekly. Now the top 2 have sold over 10,000 copies each. The BDs adaption rate is steadily increasing

Nothing changed, this is just a extremely busy week. Comparing 1 week to another is pointless.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Gekkan having nice sales. Hope to see a S2 for it someday.

Rederoin wrote:
Gochiusa is the first CGDCT show since S2 of K-on! to reach a 10k average, it has been a long, long time.

Hameyadea wrote:

Nothing changed, this is just a extremely busy week. Comparing 1 week to another is pointless.

He was comparing last year to this year. He wasn't comparing weeks.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:

Rederoin wrote:

Hameyadea wrote:

My answer still applies.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:43 am Reply with quote
Nice to see Nozaki-kun in there. Sad to see the AnoNatsu OVA sell under 3k. Has the re-release of the original TV series + OVA already come out in Japan? If it has, what were the numbers for it? I don't remember seeing it on past BD rankings here on ANN.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:

Rederoin wrote:

Hameyadea wrote:

My answer still applies.

Not really, lol. There's been an increase in preference for BD's over DVD's in the past years. With shows that are popular with women this is starting to catch on too. (Considering Free!'s and Uta-Pri's BD sales and some other recent shows) Not that hard to observe that.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
It's taking its sweet time, but once women start getting BD players at decent rates they might just stop offering DVDs altogether.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
I think that around this time of year last year, the top 10 BDs didn't cross the 1,500 weekly. Now the top 2 have sold over 10,000 copies each.

Top 3 actually. Smile Very good sales this week.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Nice to see Nozaki-kun in there. Sad to see the AnoNatsu OVA sell under 3k. Has the re-release of the original TV series + OVA already come out in Japan? If it has, what were the numbers for it? I don't remember seeing it on past BD rankings here on ANN.

Yes, it's been released this past August.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1