• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - We Come to The End

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Sumika and Ushio were my introduction to the yuri genre, it opened my eyes and shed light on experiences I'd had in Middle & High School in the 1970's. I was ever so pleased to be able to purchase the manga here in the US and agree that everyone should try it out.

I've enjoyed this column in all it's incarnations and I will miss it. Fare well RTO old friend.

Mark Gosdin
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow, RTO is leaving too? That's two columns gone in a week!

I really liked the untranslated gems section, I have been learning Spanish for a few years, so I was always hoping to find an untranslated gem that was available in Spanish to read, but alas...
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
i'll miss this column :'(

It always feels like there isn't enough manga coverage on the site (House of 1000 Manga not withstanding); hopefully we'll see more of your manga coverage soon!
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
i'll miss this column :'(

It always feels like there isn't enough manga coverage on the site (House of 1000 Manga not withstanding); hopefully we'll see more of your manga coverage soon!

As an avid manga reader, all of this ^^^

I'll miss this column, which has almost certainly helped me make purchasing decisions in the past. It's also made me aware of great manga I didn't know much about before; for example, now I have a new, interesting-sounding yaoi manga to ask English-language publishers to license Wink
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for all the great columns. I'm glad we're not losing you altogether, although I will really miss RTO. I looked forward to it every week and discovered a lot of gems because of it.
thecritter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Another beloved feature down the tubes? What's next? News? Reviews? Video?
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I guess there's not much point in having RTO when regular manga reviews are appearing on a regular basis, but I'll miss having half a dozen come out all at once.

Rebecca should get a Goodreads account so we can follow what she's reading even if she doesn't write a review of it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

I really liked the untranslated gems section, I have been learning Spanish for a few years, so I was always hoping to find an untranslated gem that was available in Spanish to read, but alas...

you couldnt be surprised that RTO was going to leave. its was inevitable.

also i'm more surprised that their arent as much posts here. especially for some people's distain for the Fairy Dance arc which in my opinion is both a constriction and a massive double standard on all counts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calico

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I've never posted before, but I feel now's a great time. This was my favorite column and you introduced me to lots of great reads I might have otherwise missed. Thank you.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
thecritter wrote:
Another beloved feature down the tubes? What's next? News? Reviews? Video?

So before people start panicking or predicting doom, we took a look at everything we publish over the last year to look for places where we might need to replace or rebuild. We have a lot of new column ideas that we're working on, and it meant going through the editorial content and the freelance budget, finding places where there's room to improve or rebuild and moving forward from there.

I'm very thankful to both Rebecca and Carlo for keeping this column going for as long as it did, but when it came time to renovate, RTO was very clearly at the end of its run. Please look forward to the new content we'll have for you in the new year.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
It's sad to see RTO go, but it had a phenomenal run. Thanks to everyone who was a part of it: they made it special.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

This is very unfortunate to see. First pile of shame and now this. Sad

Zac wrote:

I'm very thankful to both Rebecca and Carlo for keeping this column going for as long as it did, but when it came time to renovate, RTO was very clearly at the end of its run. Please look forward to the new content we'll have for you in the new year.

Well Zac, I hope it'll make up for the lost of the 2 columns.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WWAanimefan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Zac, for the timely explanation. While I will miss the columns that are departing, as a longtime fan of the site, I look forward to what will lie ahead.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the reviews, Rebecca! Even with RTO going away, I hope you'll still be reviewing manga for ANN.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I love The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese. I can't even count how many times I've read those two books over the past, gosh, 7 or so years that I've owned them. One of the best random purchases at Book-Off I've ever made.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3