• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Parasyte Film Tops Brad Pitt's Fury in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Probably doing well, 'cus they hate the anime, and the live-action film is as good an adaptation as it's going to get. Cool Unless that Hollywood thing happens again, and they do a competent job, of course.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
Fury is already available on the web due to the recent Sony massive hack attack.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/30/7309375/dvd-rips-of-fury-annie-mr-turner-and-still-alice-hit-the-web
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Fury is already available on the web due to the recent Sony massive hack attack.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/30/7309375/dvd-rips-of-fury-annie-mr-turner-and-still-alice-hit-the-web

Yes and North Korea is to be blamed for the hack attack/leak.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

I wouldn't want to watch this film at home unless you're going to blast the sound, and those rips are only SD. Either way, Fury was already at the end of its North America theater run, it shouldn't even be in most first-run cineplexes anymore. Further piracy there would only be the same as for any other movie that's then released to home video. I couldn't possibly care less for Annie, but I guess we'll have some early reviews for it.
zztop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone seen the Parasyte movie yet? If so, how does it compare to the anime?
ShaolinWolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen it yet, but it's getting favorable reviews from respected critics like Mark Schilling.
simona.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
seen it. it's pretty good though the main character is completely different than the Shinichi we all know [he's basically the same as the anime] - the other characters and situations are rather faithful to the original and the intrinsic message has not been betrayed.

I would recommend it - more as a remake than a 'real' movie version though.

looking forward to the next installment!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1