• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cowboy Bebop Scavenger Hunt

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
^^This is a good question. The grand prize (the FUNi premium set) is definitely a combo pack. Judging from the wording in the contest description, the runner-up standard editions would be BD only. But the picture of the standard edition actually shows both the BD and DVD versions side-by-side. So would you get both standards versions or just one? Could you choose your version?
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
This would be awesome! And the Alamo Drafthouse theater in my town will be showing the first 4 high def eps of the series in a week or so. Double bonus!
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Leland Lee wrote:
1-Anyone's yet to do any kind of unboxing for the premium edition, hence you can't really render judgment on its quality or practicality until someone gets their hands on it...

There you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHTqPyCDvyo&feature=youtu.be

@angelmcazares you don't like the packaging?? I thought you were into looking unique items with your imports and all. I love it I'm tired of the same old standard hard box and discs every region likes to do with complete sets. This one gives me that cool one-of-a-kind feeling I got when I first laid eyes on the Rakkyo BD box. The only worry I have about this one is the stand...it looks kinda fragile. I was originally thinking it would be made from a heavier material.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Quote:
Want to win an awesome exclusive special edition of Cowboy Bebop?

Not really. I love Cowboy Bebop, but Funimation (once again like with the Attack on Titan LE's) did a poor job with this impractical vinyl style set. I will stick with the BD standard edition.

I personally think this and the AoT LE's look awesome! Smile
Chocolate Misu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Boy do I feel like a dolt.... I thought I had encountered the ad repeatedly..... only to realize it was opening a new tab and I was closing the tab thinking it was the same one I started on........ -_- I hope I don't get called out for accidental "cheating"... if repeated clicks on the same ad even count...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
@angelmcazares you don't like the packaging?? I thought you were into looking unique items with your imports and all. I love it I'm tired of the same old standard hard box and discs every region likes to do with complete sets.

It is not so much that I dislike the packaging. In fact, I think the vinyl packaging is neat, but it is impractical in terms of shelving it. I also dislike how the discs are stored within the set.

And no, I am not interested in unique items if I am not going to be able to put them on my shelves. This is the reason why I bitch about NIS America big PE boxes.

The same old standard sets work better for me.
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
So far I have only seen the same ad. Has anyone seen more than one design?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
@angelmcazares okay impractical I can understand that. You said that initially I just didn't catch it for some reason. I like the unique or even "one of a kind" sets like for the Rakkyo BDs and the Kojika DVD randoseru that came with the first volume years ago. There is a spot on my bedroom dresser that has been taken by a GunBuster vs DieBuster figurine for the past two years (lol) I'm going to retire that and put Bebop in its place instead. My shelves are just about full anyway so it works out perfectly. The disc placement/storage is as expected for the price tag I guess preferably I would have hoped for large digipak trays to hold them. At least they coated the slots, I have a feeling my set will see a lot of action during winter break so I appreciate the added protection.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
Good luck to anyone who wants to win it, I managed to pre-order it a long time ago, before it sold out for $64.00, it's worth it to me, because I never bought it before, and I love limited editions.
chriswen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what a smart way to get everyone to turn off adblock. Cowboy Bebop would be an awesome anime to own. I think I've got quite a bit of ads but this contest is running for so long it'll be hard to get any sort of lead unless you wish to click ads for 10 hours. Hope I get lucky.

Also as a sidenote, why would I want Nikki Minaj to wake me up???

EDIT: That Queen's Blade Ad.

Last edited by chriswen on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Quote:
Want to win an awesome exclusive special edition of Cowboy Bebop?

Not really. I love Cowboy Bebop, but Funimation (once again like with the Attack on Titan LE's) did a poor job with this impractical vinyl style set. I will stick with the BD standard edition.

Eh, I don't know what you're talking about; I think it's cool. It's a display piece; put it on top of your shelf and keep it open to show off. It's like the coffee-table style of the old dub set of DBZ they released. Beats other "premium editions" I could name that are just a flimsy cardboard box and a little pamphlet of the characters that is less extensive than manuals that come for free with every damn videogame. They are at least trying to give you a value for a money. If you don't think it's worth the cash that's cool, I completely understand (I still think it's a little bit steep), but don't discourage innovation and uniqueness. Why buy a premium edition if it is just going to get stuck with your other releases and blend in on your shelf? I want to see more than the spine man.

mglittlerobin wrote:
Good luck to anyone who wants to win it, I managed to pre-order it a long time ago, before it sold out for $64.00, it's worth it to me, because I never bought it before, and I love limited editions.

...wait, it sold out? But I finally saved enough to get it... I really pray I win this; it's one of my favorite series, and I still remember staying up late to watch it back in the day.
FaceyMcFaceless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I just realized that I didn't enter my COMPLETE mailing address. I tried filling it out again, but it says I've already entered the contest. So...am I disqualified?!
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Even though I'm not a fan of the show, that is one awesome looking set!
PusoPimp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
So...how do you track when we click the ads and connect it to the email? Do we have to be logged into something? Kinda accidently used my non account email by mistake Rolling Eyes
Lazeo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know when the contest ends?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4