• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story/Ore Monogatari!! Anime's Spring Debut, Visual Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Been reading the manga for this and I have to say that it is cute on most parts. I hope to see a PV soon..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
They've nailed it. This is my most anticipated series for the spring. The manga has me in hysterics every time a new volume comes out.
Zero Gravity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I feels semi-inspirational. Like, regardless of what people think there's still someone out there for us not so pretty boys T-T
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I've been interested by the unique take this series has taken compared to most other shōjo mangas, by following the guy rather than the girl.

On a side-note, I find it funny how Ore Monogatari!! (My Story!!) became My Love Story.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Manga is cute an seems like the visuals nailed it.

Although I wonder who will voice Takeo.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Can we just skip Winter, with its overabundance if sequels, this year and go straight to Spring this year? I can't wait to see this and Yamada and the Seven Witches. Good stuff to look forward to!
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I appreciate the ingenuity and creativity of this story... and I think the plot is interesting as well... but personally, I really do not like the look of the main character. He's probably a really good guy at heart but being the visual learner that I am I'm going to have to pass on this anime.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
He's probably a really good guy at heart but being the visual learner that I am I'm going to have to pass on this anime.

Given that the way it should be (his non-standard look and appearance is one of the main parts of the plot), it looks... strange. Besides, you can always look on his friend (he's on the back of the poster), he is the one of the central characters.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:

Given that the way it should be (his non-standard look and appearance is one of the main parts of the plot), it looks... strange. Besides, you can always look on his friend (he's on the back of the poster), he is the one of the central characters.

But the main character will still be getting the most "face" time. And it isn't only his looks that disturb me, if he becomes emotional or blushes of any of the sort I'll be extremely perturbed... I can't just ignore a main character that the story revolves around. That'd be like ignoring half the story...
lys

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The January 2015 issue of Kodansha's Bessatsu Margaret magazine will announce more details when it ships on December 13.

Bessatsu Margaret is a Shueisha publication, not Kodansha (as indicated elsewhere in the article so I'm not sure where that came from, unless it was a mix-up with the Kodansha manga award it won?).

_Cyphon_, the protagonist is definitely drawn in an unattractive way but the series is SO sweet, and I find it impossible not to root for Takeo's happiness! I really think people are missing out if they give it a pass just because of his appearance. I also use visuals as a significant determining factor in what I choose to read, and certainly enjoy reading series about handsome manga dudes too, but I think everyone can stand to have a little variety in their media intake :)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1