• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Game Gunslinger Stratos Gets TV Anime in 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Gen Urobuchi (Suisei no Gargantia, Fate/Zero) will provide the original scenario for the anime

Yes! The series will be worth it just for the fans' reactions! I better stock up on the popcorn
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
Well that should be interesting. Gen will be involved huh? And trailer looks so far alright as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iAmDot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
i just watched gunslinger stratos is coming to pc! awesome!

Last edited by iAmDot on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
I remember seeing clips of how the shooting arcade works and thought it was an interesting take of using two guns. Though anime based on video games tends to be rather dubious.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
Good roster of casts. Koyasu-san is Aaron Burroughs... Nice, nice, nice!!!
So it's another Uro x A-1 Pic collaboration... I look forward although my expectations are somewhat limited...
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote
Looks like it could be interesting...but after how Aldnoah Zero turned out (not that it wasn't entertaining...just not always for the best reasons) I'm not sure if I'm up for another "Urobuchi" show where he's just responsible for the idea and not the actual script. Maybe this one won't take itself as seriously but we'll see I guess
SamTheNayru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
Sigh, another show Urobuchi will be involved with the story, but he won't end up writing the show at all.
I just wish he would do less shows, and the shows he does end up doing would have a script written by him entirely.

The first three episodes of Aldnoah Zero (especially the third) were absolutely amazing, but everything after that (so the episodes that Urobuchi didn't write) were kind of disappointing, especially the "shock" ending and the fact that apparently almost all of the characters that supposedly spoiler[died are actually alive in the upcoming second season.]
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
Urobuchi + Mizuki Nana = Instant watch. Thank you.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Calling Urobuchi involved even seems like a misnomer. He's credited with original scenario yet this is based off of a Square Enix video game already with it's own storyline and cast of characters so realistically how much of that original scenario could he even be creating on his own from scratch. On top of that he's STILL not even doing the series composition so it looks like just another blatant A-1/Aniplex continuing to rely on this guys branding to make sure fans tune in and buy product otherwise likely a fraction of people likely even turn their heads to notice this project.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I was already interested when I saw the trailer for the game earlier this year. Now its an anime now. Im HYPED!

DmonHiro wrote:
Urobuchi + Mizuki Nana = Instant watch. Thank you.

I'd like to add RIKIYA!!!!! to that.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
The shrieking cries of HYPE from the masses kind of tells the whole story IMO. Wish I could still get so excited over this sort of fare and I'm legitimately not being sarcastic here either.
JONJONAUG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Calling Urobuchi involved even seems like a misnomer. He's credited with original scenario yet this is based off of a Square Enix video game already with it's own storyline and cast of characters so realistically how much of that original scenario could he even be creating on his own from scratch. On top of that he's STILL not even doing the series composition so it looks like just another blatant A-1/Aniplex continuing to rely on this guys branding to make sure fans tune in and buy product otherwise likely a fraction of people likely even turn their heads to notice this project.

Urobuchi is listed as "original scenario" because that was his role when the arcade game was in development back in 2011/2012, so to answer your question for how much he'd be creating on his own I'd think the answer would be "quite a lot". That Urobuchi worked on the original game probably should have been mentioned in the article, a lot of people are taking "original scenario" slightly the wrong way here thinking he was only brought in for the anime instead of working on the concept, setting, and characters from the start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1