• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker Headed to N. America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I can't immediately tell, but this better not have the same dub cast as the anime. God, that was horrendous. Confused
razisgosu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Not too big of a surprise honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same dub as the anime. Generally these anime/games try to match as best as possible.
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice that they finally confirmed it. Not quite happy with the $50 price tag, even if it probably does have more quality content than a fair amount of $60 games. And this is coming from someone who didn't bat an eye at the price of "SMT IV" or "Persona Q."

Also surprised that they're relocalizing it. The original script certainly seemed fine to me.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Okay, Atlus are now seriously being shitheads for marking up their 3DS titles.

I was kind of sort of okay with it with SMTIV cause of the disc and guide, until...you know, the first print ran out. And they still kept the $50 price tag.

Persona Q on the other hand was just a dick move. Those "premium tarot cards" were crappier than what my printer churns out. :/

If I don't see anything of substantial relevance packaged with it....I'm probably done with them. Cause as much as I was looking forward to it, I'm not paying f**king $70 for a barebones Persona 5.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow. I didn't even notice that price tag. $49.99 is getting real old. I was fine with SMT IV doing it due to the bonuses. Didn't care when PQ did it because I got the limited edition, but this seems to be a continuing trend.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
I was kind of sort of okay with it with SMTIV cause of the disc and guide, until...you know, the first print ran out. And they still kept the $50 price tag.

The price did drop... eventually. I don't know how long SMT4 stayed at $50, but Amazon, GameStop and a few other places list the MSRP at a only $20 now.

So, if you hate the price so much and don't care about whatever bonus items they might include with it, just wait for it to drop. It might be awhile, but it will drop eventually if SMT4 is anything to go by.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to game prices literally anywhere outside the USA, this will probably be 55-60 up here.
terminus24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda on the edge about this one, had it released when it was supposed to, I would have probably picked it up, but I got and finished the DS version over the past year, and I'm not too sure about dropping three times what I originally paid on a port.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow a skip option for Mega-mists like me. Now i am onboard. I wish they skipped the anime too'Cool'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lazydude500

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
I can't immediately tell, but this better not have the same dub cast as the anime. God, that was horrendous. Confused

Chances are it'll be done in California like all other franchise games. While it would be interesting to see Seraphim Digital get a video game contract I honestly don't care for and don't like 95% of their talent pool...

I don't expect things to change anytime soon, but it's pretty annoying as a dub fan when you kindly request via email if it would be possible for certain Texas VAs you are a fan of & interested in to audition for their dubs but no luck... And yet other outsiders make the cut and leave me cold. (Whoever makes these decision sucks at their job)

I know there's long been assumptions that Seraphim Digital's production schedules are ridiculously fast which would prevent more out of towners being cast yet the VAs I actually want to hear in Sentai anime dubs (and improve the overall quality) are still residents of Texas so traveling to Houston from a nearby city isn't impossible
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I will buy into the $50 price tag because atlus games are the highest quality on the market (both in terms of physical qualities and game content)
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I overread the lack of european release date. Come to europe in a box my sweet. Dear Nintendo you are only enabling piracy with your region locking garbage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wertwow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
I overread the lack of european release date. Come to europe in a box my sweet. Dear Nintendo you are only enabling piracy with your region locking garbage.

Yes knowing Atlus we'll get this this a year and a half later and digital only. Or have ghostlight localize it with some game breaking bug.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
*Reads the title*
"yes!" and stands up
*reads the rest of the article*
"no!" and sobs on the ground

well i should be glad that they have a schedule for Record Breaker (whyd they change the name, idk why but Break Record seemed cooler to me)

haven't heard the dub so hopefully it wont sound too bad though crossing my fingers theyll be some sorta vague, obscure, hard to get connection to Overclocked that only the fanatics of SMT will understand.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I know a lot of people hate the price tag, but this game will honestly be on sale for 15 dollars on the eShop within six months.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2