• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magician to Transform Tokyo Big Sight into Giant Robot

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Haha, they totally need to have that song "Big Cytron" from Nurse Witch Komugi playing over the PA system as they're doing the transformation.

Let's see him make the trains fly and turn into the arms... Very Happy
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Franz Harary sounds like an interesting illusionist. Mabey the magician me and my family went to see perform on stage years ago was probably him because I remember seeing that familiar face. He was so cool. He appeared from a box, he had things in an iron madien like object (ecspecially one of his assistants), he made people change from person to person in a machine that can turn and turn, and he had one of the children in the audiance on a guillotine but the blade of it only landed on the wooden part instead of the kid's head. He must be an awesome guy.

Magic love-o-meter: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Uh, hmm... While the idea of a real "Big Cytron" sounds really cool, how exactly can they do this with a mere budget of 16K? Something like this sounds like it would cost millions or billions...

Edit: Uh, ya. I guess this is an illusion. Even though the magician part may make it obvious, the article fails to mention this like the original source did...
redemption2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:05 am Reply with quote
Well, that just goes to show you how much the japanese LOVE their giant robots.
Deh... hey wait! Transformers was OUR giant robots! Why are THEY getting the transformed building and not us?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1