• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Heads to PS4

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
Well, until Bandai wants more money in which case a new entry in the series will show up
Second Fire Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Well, until Bandai wants more money in which case a new entry in the series will show up

I really don't know what Naruto game could come after this. I mean 2015 is pretty much the year the Naruto franchise is going to end, with the spin-off manga beginning and ending in that year, along with the spin off movie also releasing that year and the full list of epilogue novels announced already to be released next year, the Naruto franchise quickly is winding to a conclusion. And to be quite frank, it's better off that it does that.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I have no doubt they'll keep making Naruto games, but I believe this may be the final "Ultimate Ninja" game.

Anyway, since this is the final one, I expect it'll cover the story to the very end this time. I do hope to get a game one day that covers the entire series, all 70+ volumes.

Now I need a PS4.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Weirds me out that Naruto's face is normal colored in that form..
_Darkblondie_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Second Fire Shadow wrote:

I really don't know what Naruto game could come after this. I mean 2015 is pretty much the year the Naruto franchise is going to end, with the spin-off manga beginning and ending in that year, along with the spin off movie also releasing that year and the full list of epilogue novels announced already to be released next year, the Naruto franchise quickly is winding to a conclusion. And to be quite frank, it's better off that it does that.

why would they stop making Naruto games? did they stop making Dragon Ball games? both series popular enough to make money for Bandai Namco. But probably new games will be in some other format not Storm.
Davy0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:

DBZ with less success.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
If DBZ can milk out new games despite having barely any new material outside a movie every few years, Naruto can do it too. Especially if they want to include all the characters they haven't yet, and can always do a Generations II and include the future kids like Boruto and Sarada.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I knew this would be the last one. I was sitting in my bathroom after playing the most recent one and I was like "I am pretty sure the 4th storm game will be the last one". Called that shit.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of which, another image has slipped out in regards to The Last spoiler[http://www.shonengamez.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/The-Last-Naruto-The-Movie-696x1024.jpg]
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
AnimeDuelist15 wrote:
I knew this would be the last one. I was sitting in my bathroom after playing the most recent one and I was like "I am pretty sure the 4th storm game will be the last one". Called that shit.

I hope you're speaking figuratively Cool

But this being the last storm game does not mean it's the last naruto game
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what Kate Higgins, Stephanie Sheh, and Maile Flanagan would think of this when/if the new movie gets dubbed.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The magazine teases that this is the final version of the Narutimate Storm (Ultimate Ninja Storm) series as the fighting game series "goes to the next stage!"

Didn't they say that with NUNS 3 as well?

Of course, I'm sure even the people at CyberConnect2 and Bandai-Namco couldn't have guessed the final battle would get dragged out for THAT long.

Fedora-san wrote:
If DBZ can milk out new games despite having barely any new material outside a movie every few years, Naruto can do it too. Especially if they want to include all the characters they haven't yet, and can always do a Generations II and include the future kids like Boruto and Sarada.

If the existing games are any indication, they'll be made into promotional characters, either available at the start but not part of the single-player mode (like the other Kage and Danzo in NUNS Generations, or unlocked in the post-credits bonus material (like Killer B in NUNS 2).

If we'll have a Generations II, they'll include the other kids of that generation too and make up abilities for the ones without enough information by the time the movies come out, with possibly older versions of staple characters. I'm betting on Hinata.

And Zetsu STILL will never be playable.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:

That is only the manga, and in Japan, in most other regions it will probably still be a few years until the full series is released.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Weirds me out that Naruto's face is normal colored in that form..

I agree.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote
_Darkblondie_ wrote:
did they stop making Dragon Ball games?

If we're being technical yes.

Chronologically this was the last DragonBall game made (that I know of).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2