• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films Licenses Tokyo Majin Anime for North America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FeralKat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
I'm not one for shounen anime, but I really enjoyed the first season. The only thing that bothers me is episode 14. Yeesh, can you say budget deficit? Anyway, looking forward to it!
detective392

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
Kinda confused hear did adv get the 1st season or the 2nd season ANN says 2nd season but i'm pretty sure no one has the first season?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
It did kind of make it sound like they only had the second season, but I would assume they meant to say that they had both seasons.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
FeralKat wrote:
The only thing that bothers me is episode 14. Yeesh, can you say budget deficit?

Actually, I heard along the lines that the original RAW video was in terrible shape in the first place; pretty much that's all the fansubbers has to work with.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quote
They have both seasons.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quote
if you read into the article a bit more it said that they got both season for total of 26 ep. it was an action packed series with its ups and downs. my only concern is if i will have to wait till the 2nd season to end for the release to start to come out.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
They have both seasons.

Oh alright, because the way I was reading the news article it sounded like ADV license had only the second season. And I was pretty sure that the first season hadn't been license yet, thanks for the clarification.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I thought that the article was self-explanatory. 26 episodes including Tou and Tou 2nd Act. Both seasons. Smile

Nice series. Thanks ADV. Smile
FeralKat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Actually, I heard along the lines that the original RAW video was in terrible shape in the first place; pretty much that's all the fansubbers has to work with.

Did you see it? Shocked It was just as bad as the 4th episode of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. This is probably expecting too much, but I hope the animators touch it up a bit (or just scrap the whole thing and do it again.)
Larien

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap yeah the last episode was done realllllly bad. I was like, whoa who animated this? Weird.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
So, they licensed even the second season that is yet to air. Well, what benefits brings this to the end user? UNless something happens, nothing IMO.
Note that I've never seen the anime in any shape, I'm talking in general.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quote
ximpalullaorg wrote:
So, they licensed even the second season that is yet to air. Well, what benefits brings this to the end user? UNless something happens, nothing IMO.
Note that I've never seen the anime in any shape, I'm talking in general.

It assures any fans of this title that he/she can buy it knowing that he/she will get to see the end of the series without missing episodes ala Kino's Journey or Elfen Lied. Crying or Very sad
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:18 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

It assures any fans of this title that he/she can buy it knowing that he/she will get to see the end of the series without missing episodes ala Kino's Journey or Elfen Lied. Crying or Very sad

Maybe, but after (usually) the Japanese DVDs come out. Therefore, there are little advantages in licensing in advance for now for the end user.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

What do you mean? I saw Kino's Journey--were there episodes missing?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Not from the TV series, but I believe there is a Kino's Journey movie or OVA that was never licensed. And Elfen Lied had an OVA episode that was never licensed.

ximpalullaorg wrote:
Maybe, but after (usually) the Japanese DVDs come out. Therefore, there are little advantages in licensing in advance for now for the end user.

I'm failing to see the problem here. By pre-licensing the second season, anyone getting the first season knows that the second season will come out, probably with no break between them. There will be no uncertainty in regards to when or if the second season is coming out. Unlike, say, When They Cry for which the licensing of the second season is dependent on the sales of the first season. The time of the release in relation to the Japanese DVD release is irrelevant because almost nobody outside of Japan buys the Japanese DVDs anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2