• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Videos at Animate.tv

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
sequel? I thought it was a remake...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:
sequel? I thought it was a remake...

No way! There are a few more chapters of the Answer arc that needs to get through in order to get the full understanding of the mystery. From the looks of the trailer, seems like Studio DEEN got a better budget this time. Even the character designs look much refined.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh. My. God. So. PRETTY!

I have super high hopes for this one. DEEN definitely upped the budget and it SHOWS. The first series wasn't exactly well received and was a fairly botched adaptation (at least, the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th arcs were...ugh).

Extra info:

The first arc (Yakusamashi-hen if memory serves) will serve as a filler arc to fill in all the missing aspects that the anime left out the first time around (which was most game players' biggest complaint)

The next two will be the final two arcs of the 'Kai' game. The first two were the 5th and 6th arc in the first series. They could throw in a curveball by including either the Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Rei epilouge or a PS2 game ending, but I doubt it.

And oh wow, I watched the last trailer while writing this, and tears actually came to my eyes. It looks to be epic and I believe DEEN won't make the same mistakes again.

Last edited by whoisfriend on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
so cant wait for this
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
Could have stood to have had better music, but the boost in animation quality is immediatlely obvious. In the tradeoff between music and animation I think this season broke even at the very least.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quote
If you think about, the first OP song totally established the fact that the first series will be creepy and mysterious as heck. The second OP stylistically changed in order to fit the fact that we "are" going to get the answers we viewers have been craving for, but of course this goes without saying that it'll lead to rather disturbing moments as the last bit of the song went.
Maromi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:33 am Reply with quote
That's a good analysis, darkchibi07. I was disappointed hearing it at first, because I absolutely loved the theme from the first season, but this one actually may not be so bad after all. Hopefully they will have as much of an amazing opening sequence as the first did. They should, considering the expanded budget.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1