• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma's New Video, Cast, Theme Performers Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yause

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
Ikumi's voice sounds decent enough so far, but Megumi's VA will have to prove herself.
I still have the suspicion that the VAs of Erina, Ikumi and Megumi were not chosen simply because J.C. Staff though their voices were the best possible.

(none had any roles of note on record, then they all play together in J.C.'s shitty wixoss anime, and now they're suddenly hired to play three of the most prominent females in the series. Yeah, something smells fucky)

There's nothing unusual here. Basically, there's an agreement between agencies and producers to push new VAs, who're already shortlisted for lead roles in an upcoming anime. Getting them on Wixoss is just a way to test the waters before committing to the real deal.

It's standard industry practice.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
All but one of the three were in minor roles in Wixoss as well, so they got more experience being support characters and now it's time to move them forward and give them bigger roles. Hopefully they will nail them!
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Bikini top with flames and a nice bod? Yoko would be proud(and all the other bikini top wearers as well).
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
The voices all seem like they fit, though a bit generic imo. Really looking forward to this regardless. Can't wait!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Quote:
Takahiro Sakurai as Satoshi Isshiki

Damn, my anticipation levels just rose again

Get outta my head. Anime hyper

I was pretty sure I'd pass up this series but after seeing the staff list and the preview I have to say my interest is piqued.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2