• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shonen Jump's J-Stars Victory VS+ Western Release Has Japanese Voice Track

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
A lot of people are complaining about Gokus terrible JP voice and that they were only buying it because of him. Really? 32 characters and only one interests you

He is by far the most popular and recognizable character in the game to western audiences. His presence would of course be a major factor in a lot of people.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Come on,people. Get finally used on Goku's Japanese voice. This is part of his character in the original. I always play with Japanese voice tracks in any video game as long their is a Japanese voice track. I'm not American, so I don't care for English voice tracks. I'm used to Goku's voice.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
not surprising, most of the series featured got dubbed all over the states, that and there's stuff like Beelzebub and Hitman reborn that never got a license (other then Crunchyroll streaming of-course)
Ryo Hazuki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh no! People are forced to listen a language other than English, Klingon, Sindar, Quenya or Dothrak. I really feel sorry for them. Only English and made up languages should be allowed to be heard.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
Ugh... I have to deal with Goku's horrible JPN voice? Evil or Very Mad
I guess this is a pass for me then.

Well... it's how he's supposed to sound.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Ryo Hazuki wrote:
Oh no! People are forced to listen a language other than English, Klingon, Sindar, Quenya or Dothrak. I really feel sorry for them. Only English and made up languages should be allowed to be heard.

Some people don't like having to read on the screen, and some people aren't stuck in the 90s when the bad dubs outweighed the good dubs. Now you know how dub watchers feel when you complain about there not being a Japanese track.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
It's too bad someone can't hack into the game and insert english voices from shows. I guess this is a pass for me as well, I was looking forward to playing it too.

That would be a bad idea in general, as J-Stars featured a bunch of special conversations between characters during certain intros. Simply hacking in pre-existing audio would remove those bits.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
To the person that mentioned Medaka: I am watching the Samurai Bride dub while I type this and Matabei Goto is voiced by the dubbed Medaka.
ani12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Hoping Bamco will confirm all characters will be in tact for the US release. Neogaf has rumors flying around that Bamco is saying characters will be cut for international releases. Not buying if thats the case.

Considering that person's "source" was themselves(unless an actual source has since been added), I'm not too worried.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Yep, saw this one coming. The Naruto and Bleach anime are dubbed in LA, DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho are dubbed in Texas, Rurouni Kenshin is just all over the place and some like Nisekoi never even had English dubs. It would be a really messy process to get all those VAs in one place.

Plus the Medaka Box dub sucks ass. I don't even mind listening to JP Goku if I don't have to hear that dub ever again.

On a side note, gotta love all these contrarians still defending Japanese Goku even after how much Nozawa's voice has deteriorated over the years.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
On a side note, gotta love all these contrarians still defending Japanese Goku even after how much Nozawa's voice has deteriorated over the years.

I'm not just being a contrarian. Nozawa's Goku sounds that way for a reason, and she captures the character's eccentricities better than any of the other VAs who've played him. I've always felt this way.

Sure she's deteriorated a bit over time. But she's still the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I hope the Vita version is compatible with the PSTV. I'm planning on getting one sometime next year, this'd be a fun game to have on it.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
One of the more important question still hasn't been addressed. Physical or digital only?
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
It's pretty good news that this is going to get a legit English release but only subbed and.no English dubbing? Oh well, you can't get everything but you got to be grateful that it is actually getting released.
god45

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
I can understand why they don't want to dub the game, but the question: how many characters will be cut out for the western release (as in due to some characters from Shonen Jump hasn't seen a western release)?
none because that would be false advertising remember the trailer
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3