• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Go! Princess Precure's Story, Characters, Staff Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
IceKirby wrote:
I'm not in the business of constesting other people's personal tastes, but I'd like to at least know what were the main complaints people had with Doki Doki. I can see why some people would, for example, hate how the Regina and Cure Ace were dealt with, but other than that I'm not sure what else is seen as a problem.

Maybe it's just a case of it being controversial rather than hated. I too have seen way more praise than hate on the sites I frequent, and at least fanart wise, Doki Doki seems to be one of the most loved of the franchise by artists (not that this means anything, but it's often a sign).

The biggest problem I had was the series constant drive to tell me how perfect Mana/Cure Heart was. The season finale even had her completely handle the big bad guy all by herself while everyone just stood around doing nothing.

The other characters would say "Mana's not perfect, she has times when she struggles and is selfish too" but they always show her accomplishing goals without any inner struggle or effort at all. She was just hard for me to care about.

it just felt really under-developed in some aspects and plot points that would come up and never be touched on again.

There are parts of Dokidoki I really liked, but over all it was just disappointing to me. (I'm glad you enjoyed it though!)

--

I'm really looking forward to this season! everything looks so cute and I'm curious to see where they'll take it.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I really like the dress of Cure Mermaid. Both: Cure ands elegant mode. Mybe she will be my favourite.
BZ Choy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
What I didn't like about Doki Doki was how Cure Heart was such a Mary Sue and how the other Cures were underdeveloped as characters. That and the convoluted plot.

Regina and Cure Ace both didn't help either.

I could also talk about how the chara-designs of DD was such a mess and the lackluster animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2