• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Announces Shana OVA, Two Seasons of Lyrical Nanoha, Deltora Quest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brians9824

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Definitely glad Nanoha is licensed. One of my favorite series. I hope they don't change the weapon's voices at all. They are perfect.

I highly doubt they would edit anything on the dvds, if its shown for tv a minor change to transformation sequences would be all they would need.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Did Geneon mention anything about an art box being released with the Shana OVA? Which Shana rightly deserves more so than Fate/Stay Night.
Seca

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
Did Geneon mention anything about an art box being released with the Shana OVA? Which Shana rightly deserves more so than Fate/Stay Night.

Yea, Geneon said the OVA will come with a box for the entire series.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:

Butchered? Last i checked Geneon releases well subbed hybrid dvds

THey also have boldy called a $10 more expensive version of Fate/Stay Night "limited" while it only had a box.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
craziplaya21 wrote:
nanoha will be so butchered Smile
*hugs his R2 dvdrips*

What is it about shows like this that attract the "I'll never buy an R1 DVD ever" crowd?
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
craziplaya21 wrote:
*hugs his R2 dvdrips*

What is it about shows like this that attract the "I'll never buy an R1 DVD ever" crowd?

I'd like not you to generalize. I bought my fair share of R1 DVDs. But, simply, if they don't offer a quality release (i.e. some noteworthy extras and not just a box like they did with F/SN) I'm not even considering buying it.
milkmandan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Crescent wrote:
both seasons of Nanoha? So, StrikerS (despite being as long as both the original and As combined) doesn't count? Razz

StrikerS is still showing in Japan.
I think they'll give it more time and thought before they consider StrikerS.
Nanoha S1 and S2 follow more closely together than S3 anyways.
Akakori

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote
milkmandan wrote:
StrikerS is still showing in Japan.

This doesn't really make a difference. For example, ADV have taken up Devil My Cry and Japan is on the 2nd episode.

The rest of what's been said counts though. And I'm eagerly looking forward to the Nanoha DVD releases, been waiting long enough for someone to pick the licence up >.>
shadow_Hiei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quote
That's 2 out of 4 shows that I watched through fansubs that I'd be willing to buy licensed. (Higurashi, Nanoha, Hunter X Hunter, and Code Geass)
shadow_Hiei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
craziplaya21 wrote:
*hugs his R2 dvdrips*

Shows with loli moe attract weeaboos. Many weeaboos are completely ignorant about the modern R1 market. There you go.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quote
shadow_Hiei wrote:
That's 2 out of 4 shows that I watched through fansubs that I'd be willing to buy licensed. (Higurashi, Nanoha, Hunter X Hunter, and Code Geass)

And I am fairly certain that last one will be out in due time, either via Bandai or Bandai Visual. I am not sure about Hunter X Hunter it's been an awfully long time with nothing announced, or even heard of anything.
shadow_Hiei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
shadow_Hiei wrote:

And I am fairly certain that last one will be out in due time, either via Bandai or Bandai Visual. I am not sure about Hunter X Hunter it's been an awfully long time with nothing announced, or even heard of anything.

Yeah, I've never had my hopes up for HXH either. Sad

All I've got to say is that I hope they don't half ass this and give it a proper dub (good VAs and no Japanese phrases mixed in with the English), a nice cover, and a few extras... well, at the very least, even if they do half-ass it, I'll be able to watch Nanoha in higher quality picture and sound.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Chris has also sad that we can expect Guardian of the Sacred Spirit (Seirei no Moribito) sooner than most fans have thought, which is great news. Geneon hasn't licensed that many series that I'm interested in lately (just Ergo Proxy and the last story of Ayakashi ~ Samurai Horror tales), which is odd as I have the most titles from them. It's good to know that they should be putting out something plenty soon after those two are put out.

craziplaya21 wrote:
*hugs his R2 dvdrips*

ximpalullaorg wrote:
I'd like not you to generalize. I bought my fair share of R1 DVDs. But, simply, if they don't offer a quality release (i.e. some noteworthy extras and not just a box like they did with F/SN) I'm not even considering buying it.

What the **** is wrong with you people?

Geneon licensed two niche series you like/love. They are going to offer them with the Japanese language intact. They are putting the series out on DVD.

And yet somehow you aren't going to buy these niche series -- types that really need support by the fandom if you want them to become available and for more to be produced in Japan -- because it might not include "extras." Are you more concerned with buying and supporting series that you like -- y'know, the actual content -- or are you just concerned with useless glitter?

That's so damn pathetic.
holy`bell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Not much of a fan of any of these titles, but congratulations on Geneon licencing them.
PaladinBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I buy a Nanoha A's DVD in Japan. . . and just a few weeks later Geneon licenses the first two seasons. . . I have some crappy luck. Oh well.

I hope they stick the Soundtrack Plus CDs in with them, like the R2's have. Those are nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5