• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Beyond the Boundary Film's TV Spot Looks Back at Story From TV Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
If by "recount", you mean conveniently forgetting about all of the clashing comic relief, otaku bait, and creepy incest junk and only telling about the actual, compelling core drama, then I can find something to get excited about…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, I was hoping this wasn't a recap film. At least one isn't. I might check out the recap just for the sake of it...
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:12 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the animation was so gorgeous I ignored that pandering crap and kept watching. The actual plot and character development was worth it. Still would have preferred a sequel series (it'd be easier to watch legally, for one thing), but I'm very curious about that 2nd film.
Manwards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
If by "recount", you mean conveniently forgetting about all of the clashing comic relief, otaku bait, and creepy incest junk and only telling about the actual, compelling core drama, then I can find something to get excited about…

I completely agree with everything you said, other than there being compelling core drama. It just seemed to me like Kyoto Animation adapting Twilight: two unbelievably unique and special (but utterly dull) people fall in love because the script wants them to, and then spend all their time trying to sacrifice their life for the other one while the bad guy twirls his proverbial mustache.

I've seen everything Kyoto Animation's ever done, and Kyoukai no Kanata is easily my least favourite. Perhaps, like the Tamako Market film, the second film can retroactively improve the entire series... but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1